Viking Rhine Getaway- Best Spot Topside for Camera

Mike R 2018

We're taking an A-B Viking Rhine Getaway cruise in a few months- really looking forward to it!  I'm taking my Sony camera and am considering taking a lightweight tripod for photos/videos of the castles (and more) from topside.  Any suggestions re:  tripod placement, port or starboard, etc. from those who've done it? Thanks, in advance!

• Mike R 2018 changed the title to Viking Rhine Getaway- Best Spot Topside for Camera

The only really scenic spot on the Rhine is the 40 mile or so stretch with all the castles in Germany.  The castles and views are on both sides of the river so it doesn't really matter where you set up shop.  You will move all over the deck to take pictures.  They will have beer, pretzels, and German food available on the top deck for this portion of the cruise.  You might have your hands full with good beer LOL.

As beanpittsburgh said you will be in constant motion to get the best angle.  I am certainly not a professional photographer but I was moving from side to side, level to level, etc.  It is a beautiful area.  On the Viking Kara we did not have German food during this part of the trip.  We had only hot chocolate.  Had German food in the restaurant one evening.