Canadian Rockies land tour

puli

Does Princess offer any  Alaska cruises  with either a pre or post land tour of the Canadian Rockies? We would love to do this in the summer of 2020 but I am having difficulty finding cruise lines offering this other than  Celebrity .

We did this pre cruise tour with Princess 3 or 4 years ago.  It was absolutely wonderful and worth every penny.  The rocky mountaineer was a great way to see the countryside.  The Fairmont in Banff, lake Louise and Jasper were outstanding. Our guide throughout the whole process was awesome.

We connected to the Pacific Princess in Vancouver!!

Would definitely do this again!

Call your TA or Princess to see if it is being offered again.

4 minutes ago, Coral said:

I might be missing something but I am not finding the Canadian Rockies rail tour in this brochure.  Do you have a page #?

I am only seeing the direct to wilderness tours in Alaska.

9 minutes ago, cheeseclan said:

I might be missing something but I am not finding the Canadian Rockies rail tour in this brochure.  Do you have a page #?

I am only seeing the direct to wilderness tours in Alaska.

page 37

Thanks for posting the page.  I guess I need stronger glasses 😜!

Puli this is the exact one we did.  You will enjoy it!!

the only thing that is different is our hotel was not included in Calgary.  You would love the Fairmont in Calgary.  Always nice hotels.

Edited by cheeseclan

8 minutes ago, cheeseclan said:

Thanks for posting the page.  I guess I need stronger glasses 😜!

Puli this is the exact one we did.  You will enjoy it!!

the only thing that is different is our hotel was not included in Calgary.  You would love the Fairmont in Calgary.  Always nice hotels.

for 2109 the page is #33.

Can't  look at it now much less book it because Princess web page is undergoing some updating....but i will really try to look at it tomorrow.

t

You can always do a find on a web page and look for Rockies - that is what I did - on a Mac it is "command + F" on a Windows computer I believe it is "control + F". And then use the Command or Control key + G to find again.

I found the 2020 Alaska trip and then just did a "Command + F" on my Mac on "Rockies."

10 hours ago, puli said:

Does Princess offer any  Alaska cruises  with either a pre or post land tour of the Canadian Rockies? We would love to do this in the summer of 2020 but I am having difficulty finding cruise lines offering this other than  Celebrity .

We have Canadian Rockies cruise tour booked with Princess for July of 2020.  Land tour first, cruise on Royal Princess last.

13 hours ago, cheeseclan said:

We did this pre cruise tour with Princess 3 or 4 years ago.  It was absolutely wonderful and worth every penny.  The rocky mountaineer was a great way to see the countryside.  The Fairmont in Banff, lake Louise and Jasper were outstanding. Our guide throughout the whole process was awesome.

We connected to the Pacific Princess in Vancouver!!

Would definitely do this again!

Call your TA or Princess to see if it is being offered again.

how was your luggage handled ? - just set outside your room and it shows up at the next stop ?

send a bag to ship ?

21 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Rent a car and drive it yourself. Very easy. 

I like trains - so this has been on my "to do list". I would probably not do it with a cruise - though I understand those who come from Asia or really far away would.

17 minutes ago, Coral said:

I like trains - so this has been on my "to do list". I would probably not do it with a cruise - though I understand those who come from Asia or really far away would.

It is so easy and the rocky mountaineer is ridiculously overpriced. I had to get to Edmonton for work and we decided to drive instead of fly, it was awesome to just stop where you want and not wait for people. 

Voljeep:  since this was precruise and started in Canada all our luggage went with us.  The three of us each had one checked bag and a carryon.  Our bags were sent to our rooms every night and the next morning picked up as well.  Never had a problem.

i know some are saying too expensive so just drive it yourselves.  I disagree.  We thought it was awesome to stay at the Fairmont hotels.  The one in Banff was amazing and huge. We loved exploring and talking to the people who worked there since it is supposedly haunted.  Lake Louise was breathtaking.  We had a room facing the lake!!!   And in Jasper the three of stayed in a cottage right on the waters edge which was wonderful.

the train ride was great and the service was phenomenal.  Once in a lifetime experience for sure!!

we had great food throughout the whole trip.  We also met some amazing people from all over the world that we are still in contact with to this day.

i would do this trip again if i could.  Worth every penny!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cheeseclan said:

Voljeep:  since this was precruise and started in Canada all our luggage went with us.  The three of us each had one checked bag and a carryon.  Our bags were sent to our rooms every night and the next morning picked up as well.  Never had a problem.

i know some are saying too expensive so just drive it yourselves.  I disagree.  We thought it was awesome to stay at the Fairmont hotels.  The one in Banff was amazing and huge. We loved exploring and talking to the people who worked there since it is supposedly haunted.  Lake Louise was breathtaking.  We had a room facing the lake!!!   And in Jasper the three of stayed in a cottage right on the waters edge which was wonderful.

the train ride was great and the service was phenomenal.  Once in a lifetime experience for sure!!

we had great food throughout the whole trip.  We also met some amazing people from all over the world that we are still in contact with to this day.

i would do this trip again if i could.  Worth every penny!

Canadian Rockies or Wilderness Lodges ... Wilderness Lodges or Canadian Rockies ... ?

1st world decisions ... OK ...both

7 hours ago, Coral said:

You can always do a find on a web page and look for Rockies - that is what I did - on a Mac it is "command + F" on a Windows computer I believe it is "control + F". And then use the Command or Control key + G to find again.

I found the 2020 Alaska trip and then just did a "Command + F" on my Mac on "Rockies."

I can barely open my computer....you have my utmost admiration!!!

6 hours ago, nukesubsailor said:

We have Canadian Rockies cruise tour booked with Princess for July of 2020.  Land tour first, cruise on Royal Princess last.

that sounds perfect!  thanks,will explore!

We have driven as far as Jasper, from the Detroit area, and once only as far as Banff.  But we had my husband's relatives to visit in Regina SK and others in Lethbridge and Calgary AB so that made it worthwhile plus our kids were with us for the Banff trip (came home via Glacier NP on that trip).  His parents grew up outside Regina SK and in Medicine Hat AB.  In Jasper we stayed across the street from the RR station so saw a few trains while there.😉

2 hours ago, cheeseclan said:

You know you can book Fairmont Hotels yourself right? It’s not just the cost. It’s the ability to stop where you want and for as long as you want. 

3 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

You know you can book Fairmont Hotels yourself right? It’s not just the cost. It’s the ability to stop where you want and for as long as you want. 

that sounds great but only if one can drive...for those who cannot then a tour is the only answer. We are both too old to drive in an unknown area plus how can you drive and really enjoy the scenery?