Princess shore excursion?

rentlady

I was curious if I book a shore excursion thru the ship, would my princess travel ins cover me in the event of an accident while on the excursion? I read just recently on another cruise line that an accident happened and the ship claimed they had no relationship with the tour agent.

I saw that article where RCCL is trying to disown their tour agent due to a death in Roatan.  The few times when Princess has had a problem with a tour agent, they have owned up to it.  However there has been no deaths on any of their excursions that I am aware.  The Princess travel insurance should cover any problems.  Incidentally this is not the first time zip lines in Roatan has had a problem.  Several years ago a Carnival pax fell from a zip line in Roatan and did not survive.  I have been on zip lines but would never go on one in Roatan.  

Travel guard has paid for a shore excursion where we had to cancel after the deadline.  I also had been to the ship's doctor.   It was on Holland America, and guest relations did write a letter which accompanied my claim as well as the shore excursion tickets.

Can't remember if it was also one where we got a note from the home doctor when we got home.  Each claim is a little different.  I take a large envelope w/ the policy with me, and all travel insurance claim documents go inside.

Yes. As satxdiver said, Princess Travel Insurance will cover you. They basically cover you from when you leave home until you return. It's in the policy description. Caveat: While insurance answers are generally correct on this forum, I've seen some blatant wrong answers as well. Always read the policy description before you purchase.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

Yes. As satxdiver said, Princess Travel Insurance will cover you. They basically cover you from when you leave home until you return. It's in the policy description. Caveat: While insurance answers are generally correct on this forum, I've seen some blatant wrong answers as well. Always read the policy description before you purchase.

I'm only quoting you bc some of the answers are SO WRONG 

• Like 1

There is a difference between insurance coverage on an excursion and acceptance of liability in the case of a law suite such as the RCCL case.  In the RCCL case the cruise line is arguing that liability resides with the vendor as far as the court case goes.