Breakaway Connecting Room Upgrade Question

Malyel

Hello,

We have two connecting oceanview balconies on the Breakaway for two adults and two teens. This will be my first cruise on NCL, and I am unsure of the upgrade options. Can we upgrade connecting balconies to something that has at least two bedrooms, or is the upgrade program really aimed at filling individual cabins? We do not want to be separated from our kids (16, 13).

Thanks! 

It is a one for one upgrade. 

You could bid on a 2 BR suite, and at cruise time, leave your current second room unoccupied. The second room guests could not eat at the suites restaurant without paying or use the suites facilities. 

You could check if the cruise cruise has a 3rd and 4th guest free promo and compare the cost of your two rooms with the cost of a 2 BR suite (2 paying guests) 

Edited by BirdTravels

• 1 month later...

this is my dilemma. We have 2 ocean view rooms side by side and I just got 2 separate emails offering to upgrade both rooms. I do not want to be separated form the kids though, what is the chance they would upgrade side by side? Or if we do upgrade can we decline it?

1 minute ago, jackie101 said:

this is my dilemma. We have 2 ocean view rooms side by side and I just got 2 separate emails offering to upgrade both rooms. I do not want to be separated form the kids though, what is the chance they would upgrade side by side? Or if we do upgrade can we decline it?

The chance is slim that both rooms would be upgraded and even slimmer that they would stay side by side. We had 2 side by side aft rooms and both were upgraded to Haven afts, but we ended up 1 floor apart. Not a big deal, as my hubby and I were in one and my mom and daughter were in the other, but if the second room was for the kids, I would NOT risk it, as you can’t decline an awarded upgrade.

Just now, FLcruisergrl said:

The chance is slim that both rooms would be upgraded and even slimmer that they would stay side by side. We had 2 side by side aft rooms and both were upgraded to Haven afts, but we ended up 1 floor apart. Not a big deal, as my hubby and I were in one and my mom and daughter were in the other, but if the second room was for the kids, I would NOT risk it, as you can’t decline an awarded upgrade.

thank you, we are not going to do it. To much of a risk 

2 hours ago, jackie101 said:

All upgrades are final. Once accepted, your credit card is charged and your old rooms are released. You can not decline an upgrade. 

There is [near] zero chance of getting rooms near eachother with an upgrade. If you want a better room, pay for it and chose your rooms.