Labadee Rash

Nikkih1204

Was on the Harmony of the Seas and docked in Labadee, Haiti on 12/4/18.  While there, I received a scratch on my left knee while swimming in Adrenaline Beach.  Was not itchy at all, just a very, very slight burn that typically  comes along with scratches.  Went away within 3 days.  The cruise ended on 12/9/18.

At dinner last night (12/15/18), the same left knee started itching.  I looked at it when I got home and the scratch was back and now raised.  Additionally, only the 3 vertical lines were present at the time it occurred.  But now, there’s an additional horizontal line.  

Has anyone experienced this while in Labadee?  I did see another thread related to rashes received while in Labadee, but it was dated and not like the one I have (they were all small circular bumps).

AB3A74E3-E02A-41F1-897A-4A61C7684E09.jpeg

Edited by Nikkih1204

Putting the obvious cause aside (swimming in an area that is clearly posted as no swimming on a beach that is notoriously rocky and with a constant heavy surf), the possibilities are sea lice, bacteria from the coral rocks, or bacteria from your own leg that got into the cuts. Given that some of those causes can cause fasciitis, it would be wise to have it checked sooner rather than later.

1 hour ago, Nikkih1204 said:

Never asked for a diagnosis and I already have an appointment.  The question was if anyone else had a similar experience.

LOL that's right, but this is cruise CRITIC.  You have to expect critical people here.

• Haha 1

I understand you have an appointment but if it's going to be a while before it gets here, go to the ER. Being a saltwater boat owner and into saltwater fishing I've heard about some of these "small" scrapes. Some of them need immediate medical attention. Post back with your results as it may help others.