seating at Veranda on Star Pride limited

susiesan

Just came off a week on Star Pride Dec. 1-8. I had been looking forward to dining outside at the Verandah. The covering over the deck is missing, I was told it got blown off over 2 months ago and has not been replaced. Without a cover over the outside deck tables it was either way too hot in the sun or raining and we were not able to sit outside.  Consequently, the tables and area inside were always packed. There were times you could not get a table to eat at. People would finish their meal and just sit there while others were standing holding plates looking for a place to sit. It was quite chaotic at busy mealtimes., especially breakfast. Until Windstar replaces the cover over the back seating deck outside the Verandah be prepared for crowds.

You mean the very back past the inside area. And not the spot before you enter where no one wants to sit?

in any case, I’d think they have to order a replacement and then get into some port where it can be installed. The only other option would be to cancel the itins until it can be replaced. I’m a bit surprised they didn’t open Amphora. 

I'm surprised people didn't sit in the covered area on the entry side of Veranda. 

We had a similar situation in Alaska, not because the cover had blown off but because in May it was still pretty cold outside especially at the start of the cruise. Some people did eat in the covered area on the entry side of Veranda. They had Amphora open, but more preferred to eat in Veranda than the indoor seats would accommodate. At least on our cruise, people were pretty polite about leaving when their meal was finished so others could sit.

People did sit at the tables in the covered area outside of the veranda, but those tables filled up during busy times at breakfast. And it is very inconvenient going back in to the buffet to get more food since the door does not open and close automatically like the doors to the back deck seating area. If your hands are full with a plate it is a PITA.

On 12/16/2018 at 4:59 PM, milepig said:

You mean the very back past the inside area. And not the spot before you enter where no one wants to sit?

in any case, I’d think they have to order a replacement and then get into some port where it can be installed. The only other option would be to cancel the itins until it can be replaced. I’m a bit surprised they didn’t open Amphora. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2019 at 8:34 PM, sometimes sailor said:

Just got home from a cruise OSJ to Barbados and the outdoor cover to the Veranda was replaced in St. Maarten.  For those with future sailing dates the outside area of the veranda is covered again.

Lucky you, sometimes sailor, that you could enjoy outside dining.