On Reflection now

lais

On the Reflection now.   Day 10 of 14 day  Southern Caribbean.  I have very limited WiFi so cannot reply to questions until I get home.  Here’s the bad and the good.  

Bad.  the food.  It’s everywhere all day and a huge great tasting selection of your hearts desire. Now my stomach jiggles as I walk to my next feeding frenzy.  
All of the food has been very good and that’s bad! 

Bad. The drink package.  Drinks everywhere.  My stomach jiggles as I walk to the next bar. 
Now I feel like a fat alcoholic 

Good.  The service has been great. Can’t say enough for all of these hard working people. 

Good.  I am in an aft facing concierge cabin.    We love aft facing and as it has been windy so it is a great location.  No wind back here and the long walk to the elevators as my stomach jiggles is good exercise. 

The condition of the ship outside and all public places is good.  My cabin is getting tired looking.  Needs new carpet and new sofa cushions. 

I have only seen a few chair hogs.  They are equipped with the big towel clips so it’s easy to spot them.  What I have seen more of is book hogs from the library and the tea bag/hot chocolate packets hogs.  Make sure you grab them all!  

There is a great mix of passengers on board. Only a handful of little ones but other than that there are all age groups and nationalities. 

To sum it up this has been a great cruise.  Wish I had more time to write.  I have more info but have to get to the beach now.  We are in Aruba. 

Tip.  Stay on the ship in Grenada or go on a tour.  The town where they berth is not worth walking around. It is not nice at all.   There are shops at the terminal but past that, blah! 

• Like 4

We are also currently on the Reflection and agree the food has been good to outstanding.  Lawn Club Grill last night was very good.  Filet Mignon superb.  Of course, the warm chocolate chip cookie is a given.

Only gripe from us is the seating in the Martini and Passport bars.  Not enough and most of it is very uncomfortable and too low for the demographics onboard. Definitely different than what we have experienced on other S class ships.

Staff and crew all around have been working hard and doing a great job with a smile!

Also on the the Reflection, aft concierge cabin, cruise has been great, agree about the food and drink it's everywhere and very good, please to say haven't used the escalators yet to relieve some of the guilt! We were on the Reflection when she was new and am pleased to say they are keeping in great shape.

18 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

We board her for the third time in Nov for TA...glad you all are enjoying your cruise!

Hey there!  We (Mike & Susan) sailed with you guys on the April 2017 Reflection TA.  Our second Reflection TA is coming up in April 2019.  We will be sailing with Connie & Mark  (PrincessPie).  Reflection remains our favorite ship, although we find the Azamara Journey to be very enjoyable albeit very different.

lais,  Glad you are enjoying the Reflection.  I can't wait to return to the Lawn Club Grill in April.😊

3 hours ago, mnocket said:

Hey there!  We (Mike & Susan) sailed with you guys on the April 2017 Reflection TA.  Our second Reflection TA is coming up in April 2019.  We will be sailing with Connie & Mark  (PrincessPie).  Reflection remains our favorite ship, although we find the Azamara Journey to be very enjoyable albeit very different.

lais,  Glad you are enjoying the Reflection.  I can't wait to return to the Lawn Club Grill in April.😊

Hi Mike and Susan!

Yes, Connie mentioned that to me; wish we were also on that cruise too, but we are doing the Edge TA.  It seems like some of the first Edge cruisers(Edgies)are finding her to be a little less than desirable.  We also booked Reflection for November, but I hate all the higher airfare prices; however, it just is what it is!  have a great cruise in April!

Suzy & Gary

Edited by Lastdance

We have not attended this cruise but the Captain's Club letter we received stated there was service with canapés from 5-7 except embarkation day.  Up to 3 beverages from the Elite Lounge bar menu are also available in other bars/lounges except the World Bar.  This is loaded on your cruise card according to the CC letter.  We have a drinks package so I cannot comment on how this is working for others as we have not used this CC perk.

We are taking Reflection in early Feb after switching from Edge. Just not my type of ship.

What does it take to be Elite status?  Is it the number of days cruising or the categories you choose? Do you get more points for suites than regular?  Just curious. It is only our second Celebrity cruise.  Seabourn has a bit of a points system but not sure about how Celebrity works. 

We have a RS so looking forward to a new type of experience on a big ship, more used to under 1000.

36 minutes ago, kkmiausa said:

We are taking Reflection in early Feb after switching from Edge. Just not my type of ship.

What does it take to be Elite status?  Is it the number of days cruising or the categories you choose? Do you get more points for suites than regular?  Just curious. It is only our second Celebrity cruise.  Seabourn has a bit of a points system but not sure about how Celebrity works. 

We have a RS so looking forward to a new type of experience on a big ship, more used to under 1000.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/exclusive-offers/loyalty-reciprocity-program

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits

These links should answer your questions.

1 minute ago, kkmiausa said:

Thank you. Yes I just looked it up. I don't have points showing from my original cruise. Was there a program 10 years ago? I have no idea what my original cruise captains number was. 

I was able to send Royal documents showing I was on a cruise in the 80's that did not show on my account.  Maybe Celebrity has a similar option?

9 hours ago, kkmiausa said:

Thank you. Yes I just looked it up. I don't have points showing from my original cruise. Was there a program 10 years ago? I have no idea what my original cruise captains number was. 

Yes there was a program 10 years ago but with a different point system.  They converted those points to the new system a few years ago.

If you happen to have your reservation number or folio number from your sea pass card or any other documented proof that you were on the sailing they should be able to look it up and get your points reinstated.  The captains club number is 1-844-418-6824

21 hours ago, lais said:

On the Reflection now.   Day 10 of 14 day  Southern Caribbean.  I have very limited WiFi so cannot reply to questions until I get home.  Here’s the bad and the good.  
Bad.  the food.  It’s everywhere all day and a huge great tasting selection of your hearts desire. Now my stomach jiggles as I walk to my next feeding frenzy.  
All of the food has been very good and that’s bad! 

Bad. The drink package.  Drinks everywhere.  My stomach jiggles as I walk to the next bar. 
Now I feel like a fat alcoholic 
Good.  The service has been great. Can’t say enough for all of these hard working people. 
Good.  I am in an aft facing concierge cabin.    We love aft facing and as it has been windy so it is a great location.  No wind back here and the long walk to the elevators as my stomach jiggles is good exercise. 
The condition of the ship outside and all public places is good.  My cabin is getting tired looking.  Needs new carpet and new sofa cushions. 
I have only seen a few chair hogs.  They are equipped with the big towel clips so it’s easy to spot them.  What I have seen more of is book hogs from the library and the tea bag/hot chocolate packets hogs.  Make sure you grab them all!  
There is a great mix of passengers on board. Only a handful of little ones but other than that there are all age groups and nationalities. 
To sum it up this has been a great cruise.  Wish I had more time to write.  I have more info but have to get to the beach now.  We are in Aruba. 
Tip.  Stay on the ship in Grenada or go on a tour.  The town where they berth is not worth walking around. It is not nice at all.   There are shops at the terminal but past that, blah! 

20 hours ago, SkystheLimit said:

We are also currently on the Reflection and agree the food has been good to outstanding.  Lawn Club Grill last night was very good.  Filet Mignon superb.  Of course, the warm chocolate chip cookie is a given.

Only gripe from us is the seating in the Martini and Passport bars.  Not enough and most of it is very uncomfortable and too low for the demographics onboard. Definitely different than what we have experienced on other S class ships.

Staff and crew all around have been working hard and doing a great job with a smile!

20 hours ago, Dale n Debs said:

Also on the the Reflection, aft concierge cabin, cruise has been great, agree about the food and drink it's everywhere and very good, please to say haven't used the escalators yet to relieve some of the guilt! We were on the Reflection when she was new and am pleased to say they are keeping in great shape.

Hi.  It is good to hear that you are having a nice cruise.  We will be on the other 14 nt sailing next month.  I presume that the CC Party was held on your 1st sea day.  If so, can you please tell me the time and place? 

1 hour ago, bikerunner said:

I have a long long wait to be on the Reflection, next year on Nov 18th.  Love the ship and the class.  Glad to hear its still in great condition. 

We are bringing her to you from Barcelona!  Rest assured that we will leave some enjoyment for you, as it is a long time to wait for all of us!

Edited by Lastdance