Norwegian Pearl Suite vs Haven

tampadee

2 minutes ago, tampadee said:

I know there is no Haven restaurant on this ship so what is the difference between a suite and Haven cabin on the Pearl.

Access to the private Haven area, even though there is no restaurant.

It has a [very small] pool, some nice lounge furniture, and snacks, plus an attendant, like a Butler, but just for the Haven lounge area.

We found it a very peaceful respite from the rest of the ship, especially on a very crowded holiday sailing (with what turned out to be hoards of children/teens running about - never, ever again on a ship with lost of children at holiday time!)

There are still a few Haven suites that do not have direct Haven access, meaning one must walk further and through the main ship to get to the Haven.  (On Pearl, and other Jewel class, AFAIK, those would be the OS suites.)  For most of the Haven suites, one can remain in the Haven area when going from your own suite to the Haven lounge.

GC

2 hours ago, tampadee said:

I know there is no Haven restaurant on this ship so what is the difference between a suite and Haven cabin on the Pearl.

We have been on a similar ship, the Jewel, in the Haven and honestly I almost prefer it to a larger Haven. First, it has a huge deck for just those few Haven guests. And it was steps from your door. We had access to a specialty restaurant for breakfast and lunch and were treated exceptionally well in the MDR when there. I don’t think you will miss the restaurant! 😁

Oh and there is always a full breakfast free in your suite and a small eating area under the seating area near the pool with coffee/snacks all day).

Lynn  

Edited by 2Beeze

We were on Gem 3x. First 2 in Haven. Third one we booked late. Only SCs and H4s left, and the price difference was 2300$. For that price difference,  we didn't think the Haven was worth it, since the room is virtually the same (seem to recall H4 balcony to be a bit bigger than SC, but that's it). And honestly,  we didn't miss it at all.  Pretty much everything else was the same.  Our butler and concierge were still very attentive.  Spent a lot of time at The Great Outdoors, and we had awesome service at the pool.  Not sure we'd book Haven again on Jewel class, unless we booked into OS or DOS.

2 hours ago, FLAHAM said:

The "very small" pool is a swim-against-the-current endless lap exercise pool.  These pools are the only places in the NCL fleet to get in a real swim.  

That's good to know, my 14 yr old daughter is a competitive swimmer.  With a current to swim against she'll be able to do some maintenance swims if not speed practice. I wonder how busy it gets, and if it's wide enough to do the butterfly

4 hours ago, Aesop081 said:

That's good to know, my 14 yr old daughter is a competitive swimmer.  With a current to swim against she'll be able to do some maintenance swims if not speed practice. I wonder how busy it gets, and if it's wide enough to do the butterfly

Yes, more than wide enough for butterfly.  If several kids are in the pool, it becomes useless for lap swimming.  However, in my experience the Haven is reasonably quiet (not many cabins have access) and with a little flexibility, your daughter should not find it difficult to find times to swim alone in the pool.

Edited by FLAHAM
  • Like 1