BLU questions please

39august

• Reply to this topic Just off Infinity.  Blu was open 7-8:30 on port days. and 7:30 to 9 on sea days.  No lunch served.  No reservations accepted for dinner.  Had no problem first night.  Got there maybe 15 minutes after opening and got right in and everything seemed organize during the 90 minutes we were there.

From its introduction Blu has never been open for lunch, whether it be a sea day or port day, nor do they take reservations.  You will likely receive a coupon in your Aqua stateroom for a discount on embarkation day dinner, but we have never bothered.  Just be aware that service may be a little disjointed during dinner on embarkation day.

Blu was open 7:30 to 9 am daily on the Silhouette.  We have had negative experiences with service  on the first night and we usually do a Specialty Restaurant on the first night to avoid the chaos.  Or get there early....

We've been lucky enough to enjoy Blu on three first nights.  Yes, service will take a tad longer but I've never found it to be much of an annoyance.  Looking forward to my next first night in Blu.

36 minutes ago, rknee said:

We've been lucky enough to enjoy Blu on three first nights.  Yes, service will take a tad longer but I've never found it to be much of an annoyance.  Looking forward to my next first night in Blu.

We've have the same experience on four first nights. I agree it's not quite as "together" as the rest of the week,  but like you we were not bothered. It's vacation !  We looking forward to first night in Blu on our May 2019 cruise.