Question for the ladies....

MrmrsSteelman

Normally 2 swim suits, next cruise is 11 days and we have the spa pass, so I'll do 3. I'm going to *try* not to over pack, but I'm sure I will as usual. My plan is for 3 pair of nice capris and 4/5 nice tops for dinners and then mix/match. Shorts and tee's for excursions and sea days. I finally found a great sandal that can look casual or dressy, some pool flip flops, a pair of nicer flip flops, water shoes, and sneakers-shoes are a weakness for me!

Swim suits and dress clothing has been pretty well answered. However no one is talking about shoes! Lower heal or dress flats for your dresser times, good walking shoes and of course sandals/flip-flops for pool/beach.  High heals may look great, but can be tricky if the sea isn’t calm. 

I updated my suitcase, 11 day cruise on Jan 12.  Packed 2 pairs of capri pants, 3 tops, 2 dresses, one swimsuit, one extra bra, 6 panties, one rain poncho, flip flops and a pashmina.  Will do laundry on ship and will be in Florida for 3 days after the cruise.  I will wear on the plane one dress with leggings and walking shoes.  I really don't care if people see me in the same outfit more than once.  I packed to be comfortable.  This will be our fourth cruise.  We are not going to formal night so no need to bring my sky high heels and fancy outfits.

I want to leave room to shop and fill the suitcase!

I'm going to respond just to let you know that actually anything goes.  I'm not taking any nice outfits, even for specialty dining.  I'll have some nice light jeans (two or three pair), some nice shoes, some sandals for pool, and some hiking shoes for excursions,  light sweaters (three) for evening, and polo shirts (four) for day.  I just bring one swimsuit, one hat, and one fleece jacket in case I'm cold too.  // I like it that for the most part that you don't have to dress up on NCL.  As we will be managing our own luggage -- noon flight after we get off the ship in Fort Lauderdale, I try to pack light. // Unlike most people who go the Caribbean, I typically stay in the shade and out of the sun most of the time.  The only specialty dining I'm doing is one night at Cagney's and the Cirque Dreams show one night,.  I'll be doing two nights at the buffet and three night in the main dining room.  // Following what others have posted will probably be more typical.  

Edited by kathy884

I overpacked for my 11 day Caribbean I just got off of last week-we were on the Epic and hadn’t cruised NCL since 2016 and we were surprised how really freeSTYLE it was pretty much you could wear anything except no caps or swimsuits in the dining rooms even noticed how casual even overly casual Speciality was too

If you want to dress up or not your choice every night-enjoy and pack an extra swimsuit as they take up little to no space~Happy Sailing

I don't overpack I just use my airline allowance to the full 🙂

One for each day I'm alway plus one extra of cropped white linen trousers and striped cotton tops. 2 swimsuits, 2 dressy tops and 2 dresses for a 7 day cruise. Cashmere wrap for cooler evening outside, cooler for me is only anything below 50F, anything warmer is a nice summer day in Ireland. 

Teva walking sandals for day, still figuring out best option for nighttime, dressy, comfy, natural suggestions?   

Edited by amelia3171
I can't proofread

I bring whatever I can fit in my suitcases!!  I think I bring 3 or 4 swim suits.  I also purchase single use packs of woolite, and often wash them in the sink of our cabin and hang them in the shower overnight.  I also like to dress for dinner - not formally, but more like floral sundresses or a skirt and top.  The night/s we go to Cagneys, my hubby and I dress up a little more and take pictures.  Some of my favorite pics of us are from past cruises.  My husband NEVER wears a tie or jacket.  Wear what you want - take what you want!  I have been on so many cruises and still learn what works and doesnt work for us each time!