If you’ve ubered/taxied to Sawgrass Mills

h-sar

on a turnaround day, please share your experiences. Our turnaround day is a Sunday and our kids (19, 21) want to hit a few very specific stores in Sawgrass. They’re going to call those stores before we leave home to see what time they’re open on that Sunday (it’s over Christmas holidays). They’ll be on a very specific mission, not window shopping. Is this doable? Taking too much of a chance with time?

11 hours ago, BlueHerons said:

Rent a car.  It will cost you less than an uber or lyft.  

It’s just the kids going, so age wise, it’ll be difficult. I was thinking an Uber would be faster, door to door service, and no time wasted trying to find a place to park at Sawgrass. Last time, we had to stalk people going to their cars for a good 15 min 😬.

Parking is plentiful at Sawgrass.  There is no difficulty finding a parking spot providing you don't mind parking in a spot not necessarily next to the store you want.  Which is probably why you were stalking someone if you were at a busy entrance.

Anyways.  Not crazy at all to Uber over and go shopping real quick providing you get there at 10AM and plan on leaving by 12 or so if not earlier.  It's a quick drive from the port, about 25 minutes.  I would Uber over a car rental and I'm not convinced a car rental would really be cheaper anyways and definitely not faster.

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:56 AM, BNBR said:

Parking is plentiful at Sawgrass.  There is no difficulty finding a parking spot providing you don't mind parking in a spot not necessarily next to the store you want.  Which is probably why you were stalking someone if you were at a busy entrance.

Anyways.  Not crazy at all to Uber over and go shopping real quick providing you get there at 10AM and plan on leaving by 12 or so if not earlier.  It's a quick drive from the port, about 25 minutes.  I would Uber over a car rental and I'm not convinced a car rental would really be cheaper anyways and definitely not faster.

Not sure about parking is plentiful, as it's holiday season and also lot's of us Canadian snow birds are lingering around. We have a condo 15 min away from SGM, we tend to go early when stores open because the place get's crowded by 2-3:00 pretty much any time off year. Also the place is HUGE! We have been going for 6+ years and I like to think I know the place really well, but sometimes I get confused which direction to go. You really have to know where your going, especially if your tight on time. In term's  of time from SGM to the port and back, I have done it in around 50-60 mins at normal traffic. (had to pay a visit to customs and border) next to port entrance. Hope it helps!