Miracle to sail out of San Francisco in 2020

ProgRockCruiser

When I read in March 2019 that Carnival was sailing the Miracle out of San Francisco in 2020, we booked two cruises as we live 2 miles from BART ( commuter train ) which we will use to get to San Francisco... the train ride is just 35 minutes and stops just a short 15 minute pleasant walk along the water to the port.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 7:17 AM, MEUB1112 said:

Do you recall what the daily rate was? Plus, how do you contact them? Thank you very much in advance.

The lot was called Impark Waterfront Plaza.  The address is 80 Francisco Street.  This is the link to make reservations . https://www.impark.com/san-francisco-bay-area/cruise-parking/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=maps&utm_content=0270055&utm_campaign=local_us

The daily rate is currently $18.  It was a very short and easy walk to the Cruise Terminal.  

56 minutes ago, airlink diva said:

So glad this thread was rebooted!  I always wanted to sail out of San Francisco on a cruise.   Looking at 2021 since I have cruises booked for 2020.  

There's no guarantee Carnival will come back to SF in 2021.  This is a trial for 2020.  This is the first time they've ever done cruises out of SFO in their history!

On 9/4/2019 at 5:10 PM, Phamer55 said:

There's no guarantee Carnival will come back to SF in 2021.  This is a trial for 2020.  This is the first time they've ever done cruises out of SFO in their history!

I will keep my fingers cross and see 

On 8/29/2019 at 2:41 PM, sassyredhat said:

We are booked on the Miracle November 23, 2020, for a 5 dayer to Cabo, from Long Beach. I didn't read every post (sorry).  We are taking the granddaughter, and we love Cabo, so hoping we are still good to go. 🙂

Patti

Patti, really interested to read your post! We are booked to leave on a 15 day Hawaii cruise on the Miracle on Nov. 28. If I am reading your message correctly you will be disembarking your (Thanksgiving) Cabo cruise on Nov. 28 in Long Beach. We board the Miracle the same day, but in San Diego!

2 hours ago, chocolate melting cake said:

Patti, really interested to read your post! We are booked to leave on a 15 day Hawaii cruise on the Miracle on Nov. 28. If I am reading your message correctly you will be disembarking your (Thanksgiving) Cabo cruise on Nov. 28 in Long Beach. We board the Miracle the same day, but in San Diego!

I am so glad you mentioned this!!! 

I re-read my paperwork.  

I just saw the Cabo itin during a school holiday that we can book with the granddaughter.  So we embark LB and disembark SD.  This will take planning because we live in SD.  LOL

Thanks for the heads up.  We took the Hawaii run on the Splendor last October.  Love it.

Patti

50 minutes ago, sassyredhat said:

I am so glad you mentioned this!!! 

I re-read my paperwork.  

I just saw the Cabo itin during a school holiday that we can book with the granddaughter.  So we embark LB and disembark SD.  This will take planning because we live in SD.  LOL

Thanks for the heads up.  We took the Hawaii run on the Splendor last October.  Love it.

Patti

OK! We'll wave to you as you disembark and we board!

I have no idea if you've brought your granddaughter on previous cruises (or how old she is), but the few times we've taken our granddaughters on cruises we've always had our son and DIL sign and notarize this paper. WE HAVE NEVER NEEDED IT! However, we'd rather have it if ever questioned by border or ship's patrol-----also if (heaven forbid) we had to bring her for medical care.

permission.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, chocolate melting cake said:

OK! We'll wave to you as you disembark and we board!

I have no idea if you've brought your granddaughter on previous cruises (or how old she is), but the few times we've taken our granddaughters on cruises we've always had our son and DIL sign and notarize this paper. WE HAVE NEVER NEEDED IT! However, we'd rather have it if ever questioned by border or ship's patrol-----also if (heaven forbid) we had to bring her for medical care.

permission.jpg

Thanks for the form.  We will be taking her for the first time without her parents in October.  Is this a CCL form or cruise line generic?

Patti

• Like 1

Generic---there are 100s to be found on line. As I stated, we've had our son and DIL fill these out each time and have never been asked for proof. However, we would rather be overly cautious than have some official in Mexico or the USA try to prove their importance by having us miss the ship while they check -- and I understand that these days with child trafficking they have the right. If you'd like the form I print feel free to email us             linalcaplan (at) gmail (dot) com

Don't know if you were planning --- or the girl's age, but our granddaughters (and, truthfully the two of us) always have a ball going to the Dr. Suess breakfast!

IMG0206.jpg

Thank you chocolate.  🙂

I will look for those forms.  We are taking her on Disney in Oct. and they have their form.  We were on the Splendor last October and attended the Seuss breakfast. I thought it was fun.  I may be old, but I love all the kids activities. 😄

Patti

35 minutes ago, sassyredhat said:

PS: chocolate how did you add recent cruises?  I've been off the boards for awhile, and I can't find the info.

Patti

No guarantees--but here's the way I do it

1 Click on your user name (in blue) in the upper right of this page

2 Under "SETTINGS" click on "ACCOUNT SETTINGS"

3 On the middle left click on "SIGNATURE"

4 Make your changes, additions, etc.

5 Click on "SAVE" at the bottom

Well I am happy for you left-coasters but we'll miss the Miracle here in Florida.  I'm glad we got to sail on her out of Tampa.  Love the ship.  And now I'm even more interested in possible Alaska cruises - I have no frame of reference as I've never been farther west than Possum Kingdom Lake in Texas but I feel like I would love to do an Alaska cruise (already on our bucket list) out of San Francisco. 

3 hours ago, originalgeek said:

Well I am happy for you left-coasters but we'll miss the Miracle here in Florida.  I'm glad we got to sail on her out of Tampa.  Love the ship.  And now I'm even more interested in possible Alaska cruises - I have no frame of reference as I've never been farther west than Possum Kingdom Lake in Texas but I feel like I would love to do an Alaska cruise (already on our bucket list) out of San Francisco. 

We are on her to Alaska for 10 days May 11,2020. Come on over then!