On the Allure now... any requests?

bobbie0253

On 12/20/2018 at 5:41 PM, Ogtubbx3 said:

Yes I did read this before I’m wondering because we are participating in black tie dress code, the videos show the captain and crew addressing everyone I just assumed they did this in a certain area

The Captains Reception is usually in one of the larger lounges. I have even seen them in the showroom. You get a photo taken with the Captain when you walk in, and they usually have 2-3 drink options available. Small ones. 

Formal nights can vary depending on the itinerary. If you are on a 7 night or longer cruise, one or both tend to be on sea days, so you don't have to rush getting ready after a day in port.

A good way to find out would be to search the forums for a recent review of the ship / itinerary you will be sailing, and ask the original poster if they can post pictures of the Cruise Compasses for the week. They generally follow the same schedule from week to week. 

I hope this helps

Edited by clean1owner

2 hours ago, bobbie0253 said:

Tonight our plan is windjammer for dinner. Santa parade on the promenade. Blue planet after that and then finally the aqua theater fountain show 🙂 hopefully we can get the kids to cooperate 😆

Blue Planet is awesome, seen it 3 times now and always like it.  Unfortunately, the aqua show last week was canceled on the night we had reservations so we did not get to see it.  We have seen it before, but still like it.  They rescheduled for the next night, but we had reservations for the headliner so we could not do both.  Oh well, we will be on Allure again in April so should get to see the Aqua show then.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, clean1owner said:

The Captains Reception is usually in one of the larger lounges. I have even seen them in the showroom. You get a photo taken with the Captain when you walk in, and they usually have 2-3 drink options available. Small ones. 

Formal nights can vary depending on the itinerary. If you are on a 7 night or longer cruise, one or both tend to be on sea days, so you don't have to rush getting ready after a day in port.

A good way to find out would be to search the forums for a recent review of the ship / itinerary you will be sailing, and ask the original poster if they can post pictures of the Cruise Compasses for the week. They generally follow the same schedule from week to week. 

I hope this helps

Thank you for all the info!!

21 minutes ago, inar said:

HI.  CAN you please tell me if you can iMessage for free using the Rcl app?   Is the chat function only available to communicate to others on the ship?

21 minutes ago, inar said:

HI.  CAN you please tell me if you can iMessage for free using the Rcl app?   Is the chat function only available to communicate to others on the ship?

We all have Voom so I’m not sure. I know with Voom I can message on my phone. Facebook messenger has been great for voice calls too. 

On 12/20/2018 at 5:25 AM, bobbie0253 said:

We we stopped at the Suite Lounge at 7:15pm and then again around 10:30pm. It was so quiet and definitely family friendly up there. Bar service is great, Concierge’s are fun and easy to talk to. They seem to all really enjoy their jobs

Junior and Nancy were awesome!  🙂  Suite lounge and CK were never crowded.  I always found a seat and could easily get impromptu seating for dinner even w/o a reservation.

16 hours ago, CatLadyFemme said:

Did you happen to note whether there was gluten free specific area in the Windjammer? There have been such areas on some ships and not others, so was wondering about this. Thank you!

I’ll look around tonight 😊

Blue planet was great! They brought Santa in on the Rising Tide bar. It was really cute 😊 The fountain show was really fun too. We are going to watch it again tonight.

Not sure of our rest of the cruise plans. We saw the Dreamworks show this afternoon in the AquaTheater (not sure of the actual name). It was cute but pretty chaotic because we got there right when it started . Shortly after the orchestra started playing in front of the Doghouse... I LOVE listening to the Orchestra so this was definitely a highlight of the afternoon for me. The kids were playing in the boardwalk play area and my husband watched them from the Sabor Bar. Everyone was happy. 

My 9 yr old did the flowrider twice again this morning. The staff up there are all fun... the do a flow show tonight at 5:45 and we are all really looking forward to watching it. 

20 hours ago, karena1 said:

They had them last week.  I saw them down at the Promenade Cafe.  Did not see them the first day, but did see them the rest of the week.  $79 for 10 drinks.  I am assuming they add 18% on top of that.  

They said the were available on day 4 of this cruise 👍🏼

1 hour ago, CeCe_ said:

One question, how do we reserve ice shows?  We will be on Symphony next month.  I could reserve most shows online except the ice shows.

Thank you.

How to train your Dragon was a first come first serve show. Ice Games requires reservations. I gave up on trying on the app and just called RCCL before our cruise. 

Today (day 7) at 2:30pm they did a family boardwalk party. It was SO fun! They had fun music, prize giveaways, popcorn, cotton candy, lemonade, ice cream and balloon twisting for the kids. It was all complementary and the lines were manageable. Probably a highlight of the cruise for my little guys. 

DBA8EB37-7630-4769-8EE3-73E99345049E.jpeg

A6D53C5B-8F10-408A-AB54-1981076C819E.jpeg

22274E40-5D20-403E-B433-3FC2647C6028.jpeg

BEBF1161-020A-4B84-A99F-CCDEAF1B3897.jpeg

00E00B54-CD49-4ECC-8250-765AE375733D.jpeg

7D26B4E8-9B9C-4810-9F70-B0DFBF2C3E27.jpeg

647E063F-4FCF-4CF2-ACB6-363C79464167.jpeg

20 hours ago, clean1owner said:

Never seen the Captain reception in a lounge on any RCL ship.... has always been in the Centrum (Vision & Radiance Class ships) or Promenade for the Voyager and larger classes. This was true for Allure last week. besides the captain reception, they also held the lighting of the Xmas Tree event as well while the Captain was there

2 hours ago, Paulette3028 said:

Who was your Activity Manager?

Flavio

2 hours ago, bobbie0253 said:

We all have Voom so I’m not sure. I know with Voom I can message on my phone. Facebook messenger has been great for voice calls too. 

Agreed. Had VOOM and used messenger easily. Also this past summer on Brilliance around the British isles, Facebook video calls worked fabulously as well

47 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

Never seen the Captain reception in a lounge on any RCL ship.... has always been in the Centrum (Vision & Radiance Class ships) or Promenade for the Voyager and larger classes. This was true for Allure last week. besides the captain reception, they also held the lighting of the Xmas Tree event as well while the Captain was there

Could be I'm confusing RCCL with NCL. 

On 12/21/2018 at 8:50 PM, CatLadyFemme said:

Did you happen to note whether there was gluten free specific area in the Windjammer? There have been such areas on some ships and not others, so was wondering about this. Thank you!

No separate section, but I asked the manager in windjammer tonight about gluten free. He actually sounded excited to tell me how they take food allergies very seriously and are ready and willing to do anything and everything they can to help. He said as soon as you enter windjammer to find a manager and they will walk you through safe selections and special make anything that can be made gluten free.