BYO Snacks and Drinks?

Sarah_13

We’ll be travelling onboard the eclipse next September.

Are we allowed to bring our own snacks onboard the ship (they would be sealed boxes/ packaging)? If so, can they be packed in our luggage or do they need to be carried on? 

Are you allowed to bring any non alcoholic drinks like juice or soft drink? 

We have taken water and coke, and sometimes snacks like salted peanuts.

it would be easiest in my opinion to hand carry the snacks, the screeners will look at them, but if sealed you should not have a problem.

There are two ways to handle the drinks, I would not carry them on just for logistics. You have to carry it until your cabin is ready.

1.  Just slap a luggage tag on the case of water, check it at the pier, and have it delivered to your cabin with your luggage. I worry a bit about the handling and if it all separated in this method, but it’s very popular and common.

2. My usual method is to put the drinks in a carry on case and check it at the pier, it just makes handling it easier. When we dont have a carry on available, I find one at a garage sale or goodwill store for 2-3$ and discard it later.

It is possible you could get called to the naughty room to open it for inspection but it hasn’t happened to us yet, and it won’t matter if it does.

one last point, you can bring two bottles of wine PER STATEROOM if you so desire, carry those on, not in checked luggage.

8 hours ago, Sarah_13 said:

We’ll be travelling onboard the eclipse next September.

Are we allowed to bring our own snacks onboard the ship (they would be sealed boxes/ packaging)? If so, can they be packed in our luggage or do they need to be carried on? 

Are you allowed to bring any non alcoholic drinks like juice or soft drink? 

See post #4 here.

Worth a call to Captains Club

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2494017-bringing-waternon-alcoholic-beverages-onboard-celebrity/

2 hours ago, Fogfog said:

Thanks I think l’ll definitly make the call, and probably closer to departure in case their policies change in the meantime. 

10 hours ago, justcrusn said:

it would be easiest in my opinion to hand carry the snacks, the screeners will look at them, but if sealed you should not have a problem.

There are two ways to handle the drinks, I would not carry them on just for logistics. You have to carry it until your cabin is ready.

1.  Just slap a luggage tag on the case of water, check it at the pier, and have it delivered to your cabin with your luggage. I worry a bit about the handling and if it all separated in this method, but it’s very popular and common.

2. My usual method is to put the drinks in a carry on case and check it at the pier, it just makes handling it easier. When we dont have a carry on available, I find one at a garage sale or goodwill store for 2-3$ and discard it later.

It is possible you could get called to the naughty room to open it for inspection but it hasn’t happened to us yet, and it won’t matter if it does.

one last point, you can bring two bottles of wine PER STATEROOM if you so desire, carry those on, not in checked luggage.

Thank you. Hopefully we’re still able to do that next year. Do you know what free drinks are available at the buffet etc? 

Everyone always posts that snacks should be in their sealed containers. But for many years I have emptied a can of nuts into a zip-lock bag and carried on both airlines and cruise ships with absolutely no issue.  The premise of sealed containers makes perfect sense. Don't know why I have no problem with this practice. If you bring on wine, for sure do it in your carry on. 

1 hour ago, 39august said:

Everyone always posts that snacks should be in their sealed containers. But for many years I have emptied a can of nuts into a zip-lock bag and carried on both airlines and cruise ships with absolutely no issue.  The premise of sealed containers makes perfect sense. Don't know why I have no problem with this practice. If you bring on wine, for sure do it in your carry on. 

While getting them on airlines and cruise ships has happily worked for you, do be careful about taking anything that is not packaged and sealed by the factory off the ship with you at ports of call.  :classic_wink:

On 12/20/2018 at 6:34 AM, justcrusn said:

I thought Celebrity required that beverages be brought as carry on? Is that no longer the case?