Port to skip

surran12

We will be on the 7night Southern Caribbean Wonder Cruise out of San Juan next month with a schedule of Sea Day, Aruba, Bonaire, Sea Day, Antigua, St. Marten and back to San Juan. We enjoy beach’s and/or relaxing at day resorts and walking around the port areas. 

We have not been to any of the above ports before and I am just curious for others who have been to the above ports if there would be a recommended one to skip and to stay on and enjoy the ship. I appreciate any recommendations that anyone offers. Thanks!

7 hours ago, surran12 said:

We will be on the 7night Southern Caribbean Wonder Cruise out of San Juan next month with a schedule of Sea Day, Aruba, Bonaire, Sea Day, Antigua, St. Marten and back to San Juan. We enjoy beach’s and/or relaxing at day resorts and walking around the port areas. 

We have not been to any of the above ports before and I am just curious for others who have been to the above ports if there would be a recommended one to skip and to stay on and enjoy the ship. I appreciate any recommendations that anyone offers. Thanks!

My take on it is - if it's the first (and possibly only) time I'm in that port, I get off and take a tour of the place.  

Then I can make a better choice next time whether to skip getting off or not.

I'll also point out, while in port, there's not as much going on onboard (unless you just like sitting around the pool.

i agree with all of the above. If it's the first time in a port, I get off. Maybe do a scenic tour to learn about the island. We've done the Southern Caribbean twice, but haven't visited Aruba or Bonaire yet.  Of that itinerary, if I were forced to decide on one stop to stay on, it would be St. Maartin. We've been there enough that when we do go, we just do a beach day.

On 12/20/2018 at 3:49 PM, Shmoo here said:

My take on it is - if it's the first (and possibly only) time I'm in that port, I get off and take a tour of the place.  

Then I can make a better choice next time whether to skip getting off or not.

I'll also point out, while in port, there's not as much going on onboard (unless you just like sitting around the pool.

Actually there are always great spa deals while in port, or if you have a spa pass they are much less crowded. If you enjoy the pool activities there are a lot less people in line, same with the foid and bars all over. It's also another reason I always enjoy boarding first...before the crowds arrive.