I guess Flash Dale in not combinable with D discounts

EmmasNana

Since I am checking prices for myself (diamond) and other family members (gold) it seems they get a $75 Flash Sale discount that I do not get. I can only assume it is not combinable.   So instead of the $226 cheaper price for me than what they have, it is now only $150 difference. Just doesn't seem right.

2 minutes ago, EmmasNana said:

Since I am checking prices for myself (diamond) and other family members (gold) it seems they get a $75 Flash Sale discount that I do not get. I can only assume it is not combinable.   So instead of the $226 cheaper price for me than what they have, it is now only $150 difference. Just doesn't seem right.

That's one of the common ways that Royal has found to diminish C&A perks.  Anytime they want, they can designate part of a price to be some sort of "special discount" that may not even lower the total price.  However, because it's "special", it's not combinable with C&A discounts. 

They can lower a price this way and have it not apply to a large chunk of C&A members on that cruise.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

That's one of the common ways that Royal has found to diminish C&A perks.  Anytime they want, they can designate part of a price to be some sort of "special discount" that may not even lower the total price.  However, because it's "special", it's not combinable with C&A discounts. 

They can lower a price this way and have it not apply to a large chunk of C&A members on that cruise.

sucks

4 minutes ago, EmmasNana said:

sucks

Yep.

I wish Royal would take 1/10th the time they spend figuring out ways to diminish benefits and come up with deceptive promos/sales, and put that towards making their website work reliably.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Sometimes a TA can sweet talk their reps at RCI to allow both, but not as often as it used to be.

Steve

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Yep.

I wish Royal would take 1/10th the time they spend figuring out ways to diminish benefits and come up with deceptive promos/sales, and put that towards making their website work reliably.

You read my mind . I am truly taken aback how inventive the constant promotions (let's not call them sales) are; the advertised price may seem attractive but the end price seems to remain the same whatever the 'deal' !