List of charters??

kimanjo

Not aware of any place you can find a charter schedule, but you can start by looking at the cruise schedule and see where there is a gap between cruises for the yachts.  Bear in mind, though, that they can change a scheduled cruise to a charter, and vice versa.

2 hours ago, TrapperZimmy said:

I can assure you, Jim, that if that ever happened, you and Lois would be at the top of the passenger list.  Karen and the Colonel, too.  It is time we had a SeaDream reunion.  We will keep buying those PowerBall tickets, and maybe someday . . .

2 hours ago, TrapperZimmy said:

I can assure you, Jim, that if that ever happened, you and Lois would be at the top of the passenger list.  Karen and the Colonel, too.  It is time we had a SeaDream reunion.  We will keep buying those PowerBall tickets, and maybe someday . . .

Image-1.thumb.jpg.d4549d9775ccf4c8ff99b2b0086f94d0.jpg

• Haha 1

On 12/20/2018 at 5:02 PM, TrapperZimmy said:

Not aware of any place you can find a charter schedule, but you can start by looking at the cruise schedule and see where there is a gap between cruises for the yachts.  Bear in mind, though, that they can change a scheduled cruise to a charter, and vice versa.

Ok.  Next question, is there anyplace that one can find a list of groups on a particular sailing?  That too, gets no answers from Sea Dream. A group taking over a ship might make me choose another sailing.

Thanks.

15 minutes ago, kimanjo said:

Ok.  Next question, is there anyplace that one can find a list of groups on a particular sailing?  That too, gets no answers from Sea Dream. A group taking over a ship might make me choose another sailing.

Thanks.

In the past a call to SD would get an answer.  Year before last we got wind of a "part charter" by a travel agent dealing in "High End Gay Travel" (from their website).  I called someone I knew at SD and they confirmed it as well as the exact number in the group (29).  We decided, since there were no children on the voyage, to go ahead.  Turned out to be one of the most fun voyages on SD.  In my book, families with children are the most disruptive.  But then I have never sailed with a bunch of Mary Kay pink cadillac winners.

On 12/21/2018 at 11:58 AM, Jim Avery said:

For our favorite SeaDream lawyer.🍸😎

Outing me, Jim?  Might as well hang an albatross around my neck.

As for partial charters, we have had both good and not as good experiences.  Depends upon the ratio between group members and regular passengers, and how willing group members are to break away.  Also, as Jim suggests, it could depend upon whether or not the group is accustomed to a level of luxury that SD offers.  Don't want to sound snobbish, but on mass market lines a lot of people are concerned about the fact that the booze package limits them to only 15 drinks per day.  Imagine if all the drinks were free.  Happens rarely on upscale all-inclusive ships, but when it does it ain't pretty.

For this past summer we had looked at a Med cruise onboard shortly after it opened for booking.  We were surprised that very few cabins were available that early, but then realized it was a partial charter.  Booked a different week that was wide open.  I doubt if SD will tell you who the charter group is, but I gather from Jim's post they might give you some demographics.

Merry Christmas to all the SeaDreamers.  BTW, if anyone is looking for Doramas, he'll be back on SD1 on January 16.

Hi Trapper.  All the best to you and Zimmy.  Hope ChiTown is warm enough for y'all.  65 and sunny in PHX.  A bit cool.  As to info from SD, cold calling a stranger at SD is likely to produce only the "party line".  I have always been able to call someone I had somewhat of a relationship with so probably got a bit more info.  I really miss James Cabello.  A real straight shooter about potential "issues" with a booking.

11 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

In the past a call to SD would get an answer.  Year before last we got wind of a "part charter" by a travel agent dealing in "High End Gay Travel" (from their website).  I called someone I knew at SD and they confirmed it as well as the exact number in the group (29).  We decided, since there were no children on the voyage, to go ahead.  Turned out to be one of the most fun voyages on SD.  In my book, families with children are the most disruptive.  But then I have never sailed with a bunch of Mary Kay pink cadillac winners.

Those guys were so much fun, weren’t they Jim?!! If it wasn’t for one roommate....hahaha! Happy New Year and hello to Lois! My next SD is the westbound crossing in Oct. 

All the best, Robin 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ohmiss said:

Those guys were so much fun, weren’t they Jim?!! If it wasn’t for one roommate....hahaha! Happy New Year and hello to Lois! My next SD is the westbound crossing in Oct. 

All the best, Robin 

Haha, you sure can pick 'em Robin.  You might want to consider the single supplement......🍸