Rhapsody TA ending in PC?

John&LaLa

I was just on a flight to Tampa and sat next to someone who was booked on the Rhapsody of the Seas tomorrow.  She said the ship was leaving from Cape Canaveral instead of Tampa  and she was being taken by shuttle tomorrow to meet the ship.  The winds have been high in Tampa but I’ve never heard of this.  The folks flying in today and tomorrow for the cruise will be shuttled over and I’m sure excited for the cruise.  For the passengers getting it in Cape Canaveral and flying out of Tampa looks like it will be a problem.  Does anyone know what Royal Caribbean does to help folks.  

Edited by charlielinda

34 minutes ago, charlielinda said:

I was just on a flight to Tampa and sat next to someone who was booked on the Rhapsody of the Seas tomorrow.  She said the ship was leaving from Cape Canaveral instead of Tampa  and she was being taken by shuttle tomorrow to meet the ship.  The winds have been high in Tampa but I’ve never heard of this.  The folks flying in today and tomorrow for the cruise will be shuttled over and I’m sure excited for the cruise.  For the passengers getting it in Cape Canaveral and flying out of Tampa looks like it will be a problem.  Does anyone know what Royal Caribbean does to help folks.  

They are bussing folks between Port Canaveral and Tampa.

We are leaving tomorrow  on The Rhapsody from Tampa via charter buses.   They are taking us to PC.   Shuttles are running from 11am until 2pm.  We board in PC BUT Rhapsody will be returning us to Tampa for disembarking.   Considering the weather issues, RCL is giving all a 25.00 OBC for the issue.    No flights, hotels, etc need to be rescheduled since we are enjoying the complete cruise.    

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

What a mess for those cruisers!  I hope everyone arrives in Tampa in time to take the shuttles. 

M

If anyone arrives in Tampa after 2:00 they would probably miss the ship if it was sailing out of Tampa. It will be a late departure out of Port Canaveral.

• Thanks 1

Debarkation seems to be going smoothly.  We were off the ship about 7:00, picked up our luggage, went through customs, and were on our bus within 10 minutes. Whole process looks fairly organized. They were even giving out bus snacks.

• Like 2

John, just knew we could count on you to keep everyone informed of what's happening.  Woke up at 3am so watched her come in from Atlantic and dock.  Saw weather on Tampa TV and waves/surf were to high for the surfers and were really crashing against piers thus ship would have been really rockin and rollin.  Not a convenient move by Royal but a smart move.

• Like 1

Just arrived at TPA after the shuttle from PC. It is hard when you’re onboard to know how bad the waves would have been if the ship would have continued to Tampa. But I do know this, Royal did an outstanding job of mitigating potential risks to passengers and crew. Certainly some will complain (even I would have enjoyed the rocking and rolling) but the line handled the situation well. There were plenty of busses, snacks and options for drop off. Folks this was textbook handling...good job!

• Like 2

Just now, billylen said:

Just arrived at TPA after the shuttle from PC. It is hard when you’re onboard to know how bad the waves would have been if the ship would have continued to Tampa. But I do know this, Royal did an outstanding job of mitigating potential risks to passengers and crew. Certainly some will complain (even I would have enjoyed the rocking and rolling) but the line handled the situation well. There were plenty of busses, snacks and options for drop off. Folks this was textbook handling...good job!

Do you have any idea of when the first shuttle from PC arrived at TPA?  Curious about potential flight issues.

2 minutes ago, billylen said:

Thank you for posting this wonderful positive response!!  

So nice to see someone with a great outlook on what could have been a challenging situation!

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Do you have any idea of when the first shuttle from PC arrived at TPA?  Curious about potential flight issues.

I am guessing around 930am. I strolled off the ship about 730 and really took my time. Travel time to TPA was about 2 hours. I had a buddy that left about 30 mind earlier for an 1130 flight. I think he made it...I’m guessing the first busses arrived at TPA between 915 and 930

Just now, billylen said:

I am guessing around 930am. I strolled off the ship about 730 and really took my time. Travel time to TPA was about 2 hours. I had a buddy that left about 30 mind earlier for an 1130 flight. I think he made it...I’m guessing the first busses arrived at TPA between 915 and 930

Not bad!  I'll bet most people didn't even have to change flights.  Arriving from a TA, we probably would not have booked a flight earlier than noon out of TPA.

Thank you for the updates.  I’m a Celebrity cruiser and had heard about this situation for the cruise.  I’m so happy to hear good things about Royal and how the situation is being handled.  I’m sure there are lots of plans that have been affected and patience is the word of the day.  It’s nice to know that Royal Is trying to make it as painless as possible.  

3 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

Thank you for posting this wonderful positive response!!  

So nice to see someone with a great outlook on what could have been a challenging situation!

Here’s the funny part...my flight is departing at 350. I was grumbling all week about that...guess it worked out after all! 🙂  Last thing...most folks I was around took the whole situation in stride...I heard no complaining...honest, I didn’t 

DH works part-time for the cruise lines at the Port of Tampa and he worked on Sat. The Rhapsody docked at Port Canaveral due to technical issues. The Sunshine Bridge was open and the Carnival Miracle was two hours late docking at Tampa on Sat.  because of some construction at the bridge not because of weather. 40+ buses were sent with new Rhapsody passengers and their luggage to Port Canaveral and to bring the debarking passengers and their luggage back to Tampa. Some personnel were sent with the buses to Port Canaveral to help with embarkation.