Price went down $780pp

Cyn874

I'm laughing.. there was ANOTHER price drop. Smaller, this time, but still $200 savings total, so I just called and refared for a second time. (We're paying off on Monday.) Original booking was $3579 and it's currently going for $2699 for an aft mini suite. This is for the April 8th, 2019 sailing to Hawaii, rooms 725 and 729 are still available on E Deck at $2699 if anyone wants a killer deal.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Thanks for posting your experience.  This refaring is one thing that Princess gets right!

......Unless you live in Australia! With all Carnival cruise lines, we are forced to book through an Aussie T/A or direct with Princess Australia who admit they have different rules to America.

Our Canary Islands cruise in April went down on the Princess website but they wouldn't honor it as they use the excuse of promotional fares for new bookings only. This was not shown on their web page for this new fare. The only option I have is to cancel and re-book which incurs a large penalty as I booked through a T/A. All we were trying to get was our AU$3350 pp fare reduced to AU$3087 pp for a mini-suite which is still not cheap for an 11 night cruise.

After phone calls and an email to the local Princess office; my email to Jan Swartz was referred back to their Aussie office who phoned me. When I pointed out that US customers can re-fare; Danielle McCrea, the Customer Liaison Officer from Princess admitted that they have different rules here. She also didn't care that this cruise was a B2B with a 37 night cruise and that we have done 21 cruises with 336 days. She replied that they could not make an exception to the rules.

Although Princess who is our preferred cruise lines are normally very generous with stacking OBC's (as compared with our other favorite, Celebrity); this experience has left us disappointed in them. 

Brian

On 1/4/2019 at 11:51 AM, bvm49 said:

......Unless you live in Australia! With all Carnival cruise lines, we are forced to book through an Aussie T/A or direct with Princess Australia who admit they have different rules to America.

Our Canary Islands cruise in April went down on the Princess website but they wouldn't honor it as they use the excuse of promotional fares for new bookings only. This was not shown on their web page for this new fare. The only option I have is to cancel and re-book which incurs a large penalty as I booked through a T/A. All we were trying to get was our AU$3350 pp fare reduced to AU$3087 pp for a mini-suite which is still not cheap for an 11 night cruise.

After phone calls and an email to the local Princess office; my email to Jan Swartz was referred back to their Aussie office who phoned me. When I pointed out that US customers can re-fare; Danielle McCrea, the Customer Liaison Officer from Princess admitted that they have different rules here. She also didn't care that this cruise was a B2B with a 37 night cruise and that we have done 21 cruises with 336 days. She replied that they could not make an exception to the rules.

Although Princess who is our preferred cruise lines are normally very generous with stacking OBC's (as compared with our other favorite, Celebrity); this experience has left us disappointed in them. 

Brian

Hi Brian, I am from Australia and have had several of our cruises refared. I book direct with Princess, using a FCD. There has to be a cabin available in your category that you have booked. I save my cruises, and check every week to see if there are any price drops. Last one was for the Saphire Princess Northern lights cruise next October. My Category was showing booked out, but then a cabin became available, and it was 200pp cheaper with extra 100pp OBC. I called & the rep & she did it on the spot.  I prefer to have control, and it definitely works better in Australia, as most of the TA's here have no idea LOL

Cheers

Tanya

2 hours ago, stki said:

Hi Brian, I am from Australia and have had several of our cruises refared. I book direct with Princess, using a FCD. There has to be a cabin available in your category that you have booked. I save my cruises, and check every week to see if there are any price drops. Last one was for the Saphire Princess Northern lights cruise next October. My Category was showing booked out, but then a cabin became available, and it was 200pp cheaper with extra 100pp OBC. I called & the rep & she did it on the spot.  I prefer to have control, and it definitely works better in Australia, as most of the TA's here have no idea LOL

Cheers

Tanya

Tanya: Interestingly my cruise is also on Sapphire Princess. When I phoned my TA she phoned Princess and was told that the only way to re-fare was to cancel the cruise and re-book. As it was close to final payment, I would lose my FCD. This was confirmed personally to me by the Customer Liaison Officer from Princess in further phone calls and emails. The TA originally was $55 pp cheaper than Princess but charge a fee if you cancel. Also I preferred staying in the same cabin as it's a B2B cruise.

I've only found a cheaper price before final payment once before in 2014 and Princess initially said the same thing that it was only for new customers. That time they did finally relent and gave me the reduction as OBC. As I wasn't even Elite at that time, I thought my present cruise history would help my case.

As I said in my post: "When I pointed out that US customers can re-fare; Danielle McCrea, the Customer Liaison Officer from Princess admitted that they have different rules here."

Brian

On 1/3/2019 at 6:16 AM, happy cruzer said:

Thanks for posting your experience.  This refaring is one thing that Princess gets right!

Honestly  - Princess should realistically price their cruises in the first place so that one doesn't have to constantly re-fare.

So IMO - their pricing model is flawed. Right now, I have a similar cruise booked this year as I did last year. It is almost $3000 more than last year. It is just a matter of time before it comes down in price. They waste employees an travel agents time by having to constantly re-fare cruises when prices drop or new promos come out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coral said:

Honestly  - Princess should realistically price their cruises in the first place so that one doesn't have to constantly re-fare.

So IMO - their pricing model is flawed. Right now, I have a similar cruise booked this year as I did last year. It is almost $3000 more than last year. It is just a matter of time before it comes down in price. They waste employees an travel agents time by having to constantly re-fare cruises when prices drop or new promos come out.

So true. 

About that cruise on the Coral... Are you in?

10 minutes ago, TracieABD said:

So true. 

About that cruise on the Coral... Are you in?

I am still booked on the last leg. I locked in when the price was low on that leg - I asked our TA to get group space on that one and am so glad she did. It does jump quite a bit to do your entire cruise (vs now - the prices are not that much different). Though I am guessing air will be quite a bit less. I am waiting for air prices to come out. I have 2 big trips booked this year and am trying to figure out how to do both. I did make contact with PW.

Megamillions plan did not work out last week. I did manage 2 big trips this year so hoping for 2019 also!

My post above refers to my June trip. December trip is not coming down in price and has gone up quite a bit since I booked.

Edited by Coral

3 minutes ago, Coral said:

I am still booked on the last leg. I locked in when the price was low on that leg - I asked our TA to get group space on that one and am so glad she did. It does jump quite a bit to do your entire cruise (vs now - the prices are not that much different). Though I am guessing air will be quite a bit less. I am waiting for air prices to come out. I have 2 big trips booked this year and am trying to figure out how to do both. I did make contact with PW.

Megamillions plan did not work out last week. I did manage 2 big trips this year so hoping for 2019 also!

I am so hoping this works out!

21 hours ago, bvm49 said:

Tanya: Interestingly my cruise is also on Sapphire Princess. When I phoned my TA she phoned Princess and was told that the only way to re-fare was to cancel the cruise and re-book. As it was close to final payment, I would lose my FCD. This was confirmed personally to me by the Customer Liaison Officer from Princess in further phone calls and emails. The TA originally was $55 pp cheaper than Princess but charge a fee if you cancel. Also I preferred staying in the same cabin as it's a B2B cruise.

I've only found a cheaper price before final payment once before in 2014 and Princess initially said the same thing that it was only for new customers. That time they did finally relent and gave me the reduction as OBC. As I wasn't even Elite at that time, I thought my present cruise history would help my case.

As I said in my post: "When I pointed out that US customers can re-fare; Danielle McCrea, the Customer Liaison Officer from Princess admitted that they have different rules here."

Brian

Hi Brian, All my refares have been before final payment. Maybe it depends on who you talk to on the phone. I have found some excellent consultants, and others not so good. 

Its also not fair that we dont get all the extras (like Sip & Sail) like the Americans. One day Princess will realise that they need to look after us Aussies, as we will begin to sail on other lines.

Cheers

Tanya