Norwegian Joy Deck 9 vs. 10?

AK350

Hi- Planning my first Alaskan cruise on NCL Joy- I have a balcony on deck 10 reserved midship near the stairs/elevator, but curious if deck 9 midship (but towards the back) which is halfway between elevator banks would be better? Pros/cons or is there not much difference between floors? Thanks!

Where will you spend most of your DAYTIME hours?  That's what you want to be convenient, as most folks do the bulk of their running "back and forth" during the day.  Near stairs and elevators is mighty convenient!  Check the deck plans...try to figure out your days..and go from there.

We enjoy the pool on sea days, so being close to that is a bonus.  Having to use elevators is a HUGE PIA....they are so slow.  1-2 flights of stairs is a no-brainer.

• Like 1

Deck 9 is right above the restaurants and bars and shops on Deck 8.  There may be some noise from these areas and also on the balcony, there could be noise from outdoor dining and bar areas called The Waterfront.  Deck 10 is sandwiched between cabin deck 9 and Cabin deck 10.  So, deck 10 may be somewhat quieter.  However, it is not as though deck 9 is above the disco or other loud evening venue.   Either floor would be a short trek via stairs to decks 7 and 8.  My suggestion is that you look at the deck plans here https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/joy/deck-plans and decide which cabin is best for you.

• Like 1