In line for the reflection at 1:30 PM! No one has boarded. What’s up?

Sam.Seattle

I’m inside the building and have been waiting an hour and a half to board. 800 passengers have boarded, but the winds got so bad that they had to remove the gangway. The Coast Guard won’t let anyone board the ship and the building is at capacity, so no one else is allowed to enter. Ugh. 

7 hours ago, Orator said:

I was on the ship at 11:15 and

told that the computer system wasn't working. 

The cabin telephones we not working and I couldn't get internet. I notice people boarding when the internet was available.

Maybe there were two separate issues.  When we boarded they were limiting the number of people on the gangway and only one gangway was being used.  I noticed when we reached the ship, there were several sets of eyes watching the movement where the gangway reached the ship.  You could see where the ship was moving back and forth.. The wood (it looked like wood) was coughed from the movement.  I would guess the movement was 12 to 18 inches.

I sure feel terrible for the folks who arrived early and had to just stand for hours in line.  The medics were called when on man went down. I am pretty sure he ended up being okay and was able to board.

The good news is that everyone is on board and we are underway now!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone....

15 hours ago, Orator said:

I was on the ship at 11:15 and

told that the computer system wasn't working. 

The cabin telephones we not working and I couldn't get internet. I notice people boarding when the internet was available.

17 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

Anyone know what’s going on?

17 hours ago, cruisewmn said:

I’m inside the building and have been waiting an hour and a half to board. 800 passengers have boarded, but the winds got so bad that they had to remove the gangway. The Coast Guard won’t let anyone board the ship and the building is at capacity, so no one else is allowed to enter. Ugh. 

17 hours ago, If only said:

Apparently due to high winds on the ramp up to the ship

+

Best wishes and safety -- and a Merry Christmas / Happy Hanukkah -- to all of you!

Surely all will go well from this point forward, "Sam.Seattle," "cruisewmn," "if only," and "Orator."

We would like to ask a big favor of you:

We were aboard the Reflection not long ago, and we were thrilled to hear the best musical group that we had ever heard in twelve years of cruising.  An international jazz/pop quartet that could play a seemingly endless repertoire, in a variety of styles, in any venue, their name was "Music Soup."  All virtuosos with their instruments and voices, they were led by a woman from Greece (Eugenia, I believe), who was fantastic as a piano (and electronic keyboard) artist and as a singer.

Our reason for writing is to try to find out the date until which Music Soup will be aboard the Reflection.  We failed to ask them when their contract ends.  If possible, we would like to return to the ship and hear this group again.  (It may be the only chance in our lives to hear them again!)  We see that the ship will be making its repositioning cruise (from Fort Lauderdale to Dublin) from April 22 to May 6, 2019.  Could you do us the immense favor of asking Eugenia or another member of Music Soup if they will be heading back home to Europe (and performing) on that transatlantic cruise?  If so, we would try to book passage.  We look forward to reading your response(s) as soon as possible.

A thousand thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Three of us were on the same cruise as well. We were between the people that were allowed to board and the people that were stuck outside. Celebrity cannot be blamed for the weather conditions and I do believe in safety first, but don't believe they were doing that good a job in moving folks through the check-in process even before the movement of the ship became an issue. I also witnessed  a Sheriff's Deputy come inside and tell the guy that was in charge of the shore side operations that the people outside had no idea what was going on and he needed to let them know what was happening. The guy was totally overwhelmed with what was going on.