Mexico Trip

tarrenel

My wife and I are taking my mother on a cruise (1st cruise for all of us) to Cozumel and Puerto Costa Maya in the beginning of February 2019. Any sights a must see at these two ports? My wife loves birds, has anyone been to Aviarius, is it worth a look? Any recommendations on restaurants to try that we can't find back in the states? Any tips that could help while at these ports would be most appreciated (best places to buy souvenirs, best photo spots, etc.)  . Thanks

Easier to see Mayan ruins in Costa Maya on the mainland instead of the island of Cozumel (the ruins tours use a ferry to get to the mainland and then back).

As an island Cozumel is focused on the water, beaches, etc.  Some spectacular scenery on the east side of the island, away from the tourist crowd.  Best bet is to hire a driver or rent a taxi for 3-4 hours.  As suggested above do some homework on the Cozumel board and trip advisor and plan what you want to see and do.

10 hours ago, tarrenel said:

My wife and I are taking my mother on a cruise (1st cruise for all of us) to Cozumel and Puerto Costa Maya in the beginning of February 2019. Any sights a must see at these two ports? My wife loves birds, has anyone been to Aviarius, is it worth a look? Any recommendations on restaurants to try that we can't find back in the states? Any tips that could help while at these ports would be most appreciated (best places to buy souvenirs, best photo spots, etc.)  . Thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic, tarrenel.

As Clarea suggested, please use the Ports of Call boards for researching your ports.  In addition, I always consult www.tripadvisor.com when investigating a new port.