Cruise Critic Community
Bee Guy

THE ARCTIC CROSSING CRUISE

We have booked this cruise from Amsterdam to Boston in Sept 2020.  Ports of call in Greenland and Iceland.

What is the likelihood of getting a look at the northern lights?   I think that would be a high point if it happened.

We saw the Northern Lights off the coast of Iceland when we did this TA several years ago. They were spectacular and the highlight of that trip. Whether or not you will see them will depend on solar activity and local weather conditions. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Bee Guy said:

We have booked this cruise from Amsterdam to Boston in Sept 2020.  Ports of call in Greenland and Iceland.

What is the likelihood of getting a look at the northern lights?   I think that would be a high point if it happened.

That would be awesome! We had friends show did a land vacation in the second week of September this year, and they had auroras.  I'm hoping we have a view!

This sailing sales out pretty fast.  I’m waiting for the release of the 2021 sailing date . Enjoy and be sure to post your review, I look forward to reading it. 

We saw the Northern Lights on Vision of the Seas the night we left Akureyri (8/31/2017) ... as we were crossing the Arctic Circle.

On 12/22/2018 at 2:48 PM, Bee Guy said:

I was on the transatlantic this year that was Denmark-Boston.  The night we left Reykjavík we were on deck at 11 pm and saw them.  Also, saw them another night. Have a wonderful trip, the sights are amazing! 

4DC0D5D6-0ED4-496D-8121-78723077478E.jpeg

B217F0C5-A0C2-4D38-B435-BC31B1A99E6C.jpeg