travelling from uk, insurance question re the Caribbean

Chez2

Hi I’m from the uk & i have or existing medical  conditions. Cystic fibrosis since birth, 5 years post double lung transplant, 3 years post thyroid cancer & removal of my thyroid & insulin diabetic since 1999, well controlled.  I am well though despite what I have. 

I have tried 4 places so far they are all over £1200.  I was I was in Florida in may 2018 for two weeks & it was only £120 for both my husband & I.   I asked why it was so much & she said it could be more people have claimed on their insurance than people who went to Florida.  I am wondering if it has anything to do with all the bad weather they’ve had in the Caribbean. 

Thanks for any info on how much you have paid to go round the Caribbean this year with pre existing condition would be so helpful.   

2 minutes ago, Chez2 said:

Hi I’m from the uk & i have or existing medical  conditions. Cystic fibrosis since birth, 5 years post double lung transplant, 3 years post thyroid cancer & removal of my thyroid & insulin diabetic since 1999, well controlled.  I am well though despite what I have. 

I have tried 4 places so far they are all over £1200.  I was I was in Florida in may 2018 for two weeks & it was only £120 for both my husband & I.   I asked why it was so much & she said it could be more people have claimed on their insurance than people who went to Florida.  I am wondering if it has anything to do with all the bad weather they’ve had in the Caribbean. 

Thanks for any info on how much you have paid to go round the Caribbean this year with pre existing condition would be so helpful.   

One quick question, given the question you were asked about whether Caribbean travelers made more claims than those to Florida.

Are you looking for only coverage of the travel costs (in case you need to cancel due to medical issues, or need to interrupt and end the trip early)?

Or do you also need health insurance... coverage for health care while you are traveling.

I don't know much about insurance for UK citizens/residents/etc., so I don't know if "travel insurance" always covers both or not.

Also, do you have or would you need "evacuation" coverage, if you landed in a small Caribbean hospital but preferred (or needed?) to get back to a major hospital in the UK?

GC

Thank you for your very quick response to my question 

Here in the uk we just pay one insurance company, that covers both current health problems & also if you have become ill with one of them or any other illness.  I would no doubt be transferred to one of the two centres in Clearwater & I think the other main one is Jacksonville if it was to do with my transplant.  

Edited by Chez2