taxidriver try to scam me in fort lauderdale aiport

him

4 hours ago, him said:

hello folks

when i arrive to fll a taxidriver try to recieve 40 dollars for the trip to de port 

I had a similiar experience at MIA, but my guy was in his own car. Grabbed my bags and put them in his trunk and said $45 was his fee. I told him I'd pay $20, and he said no way. I got my bags, walked down the sidewalk, and found a shuttle service that was charging $17. Sucker bet for those paying the $45. 

We've had similar mixups happen at the port too.  We ask for a taxi and someone grabs all our bags, throws them into the van, and says the price is $15 per person.   This has happened 3 times at Port Everglades, so we know to be wary there.

20 hours ago, Johnamac123 said:

I had a similiar experience at MIA, but my guy was in his own car. Grabbed my bags and put them in his trunk and said $45 was his fee. I told him I'd pay $20, and he said no way. I got my bags, walked down the sidewalk, and found a shuttle service that was charging $17. Sucker bet for those paying the $45. 

Same here, stopped us while picking up luggage.  Need a taxi?  Got in the back seat and hub realizes there is no meter  I start gabbing about us knowing the area.  Got to the Embassy, driver said $50. !!  no way,, ok  $40.  I looked at his licence plate, went over to him and said "you're a crook and you get nothing"  he left !!! 

• 2 weeks later...

happened to us at Port Everglades got in taxi to airport, noticed the meter was not running, so i ask taxi driver if it was a flat rate to airport or meter service.  He said flat rate $20 which i know is not true as there are signs all over his cab that state "meter fares only".  But i know the fare is generally around $13-15 when on the meter, so i tell him $20 is a fare rate, needless to say that also included his tip, which is most likely what i would have added to the meter rate anyway.

and to think this was from the taxi stand at the terminal, always have to watch those cabies