Viking Sun World Cruise 2019

premaasi

5 minutes ago, Redwarrior68 said:

Thanks for kicking this off! Second Viking WC for us and excited about the variety of excursions available this time around.  Delighted that Heather C. will once again be our Cruise Director.

Give Heather a big Roll Tide from me!😳

So glad we will be documenting our trip this year.  Loved Jim’s thread last year, as we were preparing for this WC.  We leave Miami January 3, traverse the Southern Hemisphere, going around both capes, and ending in London May 11.  I’d love to learn how to attach pictures here.  There will be lots of animals on this trip!

1 hour ago, Celebrate34747 said:

Can friends and family share this thread on our adventure?  Do they just need the name or our ship and Jan 3, 2019 or looking number???

Anyone can view this thread.  Anyone can post on this thread as long as they are Cruise Critic members.  As to posting pictures, I never got the hang of it other than thumbnails.  Our World Cruise photographer was EACHES.  Maybe he will hold class here on how to post beautiful pictures.

Edited by Jim Avery

2 hours ago, SantaFe1 said:

So glad we will be documenting our trip this year.  Loved Jim’s thread last year, as we were preparing for this WC.  We leave Miami January 3, traverse the Southern Hemisphere, going around both capes, and ending in London May 11.  I’d love to learn how to attach pictures here.  There will be lots of animals on this trip!

There are no more thumbnails on the new platform. You have two choices for sharing pictures: simply copy and paste or even drag and drop OR if you want to post a picture from a third party source, use the Insert other media button that appears in the lower right of the reply window to Insert image from URL.

2 hours ago, Celebrate34747 said:

Can friends and family share this thread on our adventure?  Do they just need the name or our ship and Jan 3, 2019 or looking number???

Friends and family can view this thread without being members of CC. Just give them this link: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2616460-viking-sun-world-cruise-2019/

CC shortens links. If there is an ellipsis in the middle of this link, you should probably not just highlight the text and copy it. Right click and "copy location"--or whatever your device equivalent is-- in order to make sure that you are sending the complete link.

4 hours ago, SantaFe1 said:

I loved reading the posts from the first WC and  a couple of blogs folks kept too.

Now SantaFe1 you will be on board  posting here, not from your armchair at home.

So happy for you  and all WC's that you  all took the plunge and are doing a world cruise.

3 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

There are no more thumbnails on the new platform. You have two choices for sharing pictures: simply copy and paste or even drag and drop OR if you want to post a picture from a third party source, use the Insert other media button that appears in the lower right of the reply window to Insert image from URL.

Friends and family can view this thread without being members of CC. Just give them this link: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2616460-viking-sun-world-cruise-2019/

CC shortens links. If there is an ellipsis in the middle of this link, you should probably not just highlight the text and copy it. Right click and "copy location"--or whatever your device equivalent is-- in order to make sure that you are sending the complete link.

It says you can’t cut and paste directly, but let’s try this, the map of the WC:34506A4D-332D-4497-BDAD-A28F551979C9.thumb.jpeg.bd224d6519af3888ef34ac2367de615a.jpeg34506A4D-332D-4497-BDAD-A28F551979C9.thumb.jpeg.bd224d6519af3888ef34ac2367de615a.jpeg34506A4D-332D-4497-BDAD-A28F551979C9.thumb.jpeg.bd224d6519af3888ef34ac2367de615a.jpeg

1 hour ago, Azulann said:

I loved reading the posts from the first WC and  a couple of blogs folks kept too.

Now SantaFe1 you will be on board  posting here, not from your armchair at home.

So happy for you  and all WC's that you  all took the plunge and are doing a world cruise.

Thank you.  I learened so much from last year’s world cruisers.  I keep pinching myself to make sure this is real. 

15 hours ago, SantaFe1 said:

Thank you.  I learened so much from last year’s world cruisers.  I keep pinching myself to make sure this is real. 

I bet you are!  So looking forward to hearing about the ship, quality of ports, enrichment lectures, sea-day activities, etc.

Bon Voyage!

Hello fellow segment #2 travelers!

I am doing the Viking-sponsored four night excursion to Iguazu Falls.

My flight Boston-JFK-Rio arrives January 21 at about 10:35am.

Is there anyone else on this forum who is also on this pre-cruise extension?

Cindy (also posted on roll call for segment #2)

We’re only on Segment 4, joining the ship in Sydney.  But we have done the Falls in early February back in 2017.  Plan on it being very hot and humid.  It was almost unbearable, and that’s saying a lot from Native Floridians.  After the hour long walk out to the falls and back, we were both dripping wet, and it wasn’t from the river water.  We were only there for the day, so thankfully we had the foresight to pack a complete change of clothes, and were able to change at the Sheraton where we had dinner before our flight back to Buenos Aires, otherwise we would have been miserable for the last half of our tour.  We were wearing Columbia Tropical wear, but that did not help beat the heat.  The falls are a must see, so do go out and experience both the top and bottom of the falls.  

We we had done Angle Falls, Niagara Falls and that trip was for Iguazu.  On this coming trip, when we disembark in Durban, we plan to complete our treks to the Falls with Victoria Falls.   Hope to see you when we join the ship in Sydney.

Mike & Betsy Ryan