Viking Sun World Cruise 2019

premaasi

On 12/24/2018 at 1:35 AM, Azulann said:

I loved reading the posts from the first WC and  a couple of blogs folks kept too.

Now SantaFe1 you will be on board  posting here, not from your armchair at home.

So happy for you  and all WC's that you  all took the plunge and are doing a world cruise.

Hi Azulann - Hope you are keeping well!

In case you weren't aware you can follow along with frequently updated panorama pictures from The Sun and a map of the voyage so far by visiting https://viking.panomax.com/sun

Wishing all on board lovely voyage and please take care of the ship for us - we need it in June 😎 

Edited by photopro2
added greeting
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

Just looked out the window from our hotel.  It’s a bit misty this morning...but there is the Sun over in port!  Three hours until embarkation!

Hi SantaFe1,

Looking at that map I mentioned I am guessing you are in Cozumel. That seems to be a change from the original itinerary. Are you still going to San Juan and picking up the planned route from there?  

I appreciate the prompt correction SantaFe, I did think Cozumel looked a bit grander than I expected!

I have now worked out what happened. The site is showing the correct almost live camera view but the map has not updated since Cozumel, hence my mistake. Hopefully it will update again when you leave Miami.

Thanks again for putting that right and do have a brilliant trip.

Wishing all of my fellow Cruise Critic friends a great trip on the Viking Sum 2019 World Cruise.  We are looking forward to joining you all in Sydney for Segment 4.  In the mean time, we will be following you all on this board and the blog that you all have started.  

Bon Voyage,

Betsy and Mike Ryan

Palm Coast, FL

Just realized that because I’m in “no internet land” until Sunday (thanks to Hurricane Michael!) I can’t watch you sail away!  Bummer!  But still wishing you the bonest of Bon Voyages and excited to be armchair traveling with you!

On 12/29/2018 at 4:21 AM, Jammy Bun said:

Looking forward to following this thread on a daily basis until we join you in Durban in March 2019 for the final segment! 

Like Safarigal, I'd also be interested to know if anyone onboard will be blogging the journey.

Bon voyage!

Janet

Don't we actually join in Durban for the final segment in April? 

7 minutes ago, 2rinnh said:

Don't we actually join in Durban for the final segment in April? 

Oops, yes, of course you’re correct!  There’s me, wishing i didn’t have to wait so long.  Sorry for the confusion...

janet

6 minutes ago, Jammy Bun said:

Oops, yes, of course you’re correct!  There’s me, wishing i didn’t have to wait so long.  Sorry for the confusion...

janet

I was so hoping you were correct! We will be boarding in Durban as well and I would love not to have to wait so long.

Edited by 2rinnh
I goofed.

We are SAILING! I thought it would never get here! Just reading the Viking Daily and soooo happy to see that the legendary  BYRDS’ lead singer and guitarist (Jim) Roger McGuinn will be onboard at least part of the cruise as a guest /enrichment lecturer!! Love all their songs, and I used to teach their “Turn” as poetry in my English classes!

BFF6D183-D368-460E-AFAA-397A1DEA999E.png

• Like 1