Cruise Critic Community
chevytrkr

NEW Carnival Mardi Gras Inaugural Cruise, October 16, 2020

Now that the Spa Treatments have open up.  I purchased the Thermal Suite Couples 7-Day Pass for Donna and I.

The question is:

1) What does that include ?

2) Is $200.00 for 7 days worth it ?

3) Is there a limit to how many are sold ?

DD474

Steam and sauna, heated chaise lounges, and showers are all they mention. I don't see where they mention the Thalassotherapy Pool so I don't know if that is included. I mostly book spa cabins and all is included with those cabins. I have been on ships were your card gets you into one room that has everything. And I have been on ships where the pool was in a separate room that you needed a card with access to it. I just checked and there is a Thalassotherapy Pool on the Mardi Gras, but can't tell if it is included with the package you purchsed. It has never been very crowded when I go, it could be the time. I go very early in the morning. I always heard there was a limit sold, but it could be a marketing thing to get you to purchase before your cruise. I can say that there looks like there are more spa rooms on this ship and those rooms get it with the room category. Sorry this isn't much help.

Very excited for this cruise this is only our second cruise we are on deck 12 balcony room.  Looking forward to meet new people and have a great time on this cruise see you all in October 

The inaugural cruise is actually on August 31,  leaving out of Copenhagen, Denmark

I think I read somewhere this being called the inaugural cruise out of Florida and the new home port. 

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:31 AM, topdog11 said:

DD474

Steam and sauna, heated chaise lounges, and showers are all they mention. I don't see where they mention the Thalassotherapy Pool so I don't know if that is included. I mostly book spa cabins and all is included with those cabins. I have been on ships were your card gets you into one room that has everything. And I have been on ships where the pool was in a separate room that you needed a card with access to it. I just checked and there is a Thalassotherapy Pool on the Mardi Gras, but can't tell if it is included with the package you purchsed. It has never been very crowded when I go, it could be the time. I go very early in the morning. I always heard there was a limit sold, but it could be a marketing thing to get you to purchase before your cruise. I can say that there looks like there are more spa rooms on this ship and those rooms get it with the room category. Sorry this isn't much help.

Thank You for the update.  :classic_biggrin:

We booked an Excel Corner Suite, so I added the 7 day pass.

The Photos below came from Cruisedeckplans / Skymiles Cruises website's, referring to Mardi Gras Cloud 9 .

CarDec-85809-1548985317.jpg

CarDec-63189-1548984874.jpg

Edited by DD474

23 hours ago, sunbird54 said:

The inaugural cruise is actually on August 31,  leaving out of Copenhagen, Denmark

It’s the inaugural cruise from its new home port in Florida.  

On 10/19/2019 at 12:09 PM, KellyJ said:

Greetings Everyone,

My husband and I would like to join the roll call for the October 16th Cruise.  We are Kelly and Jeff from Richmond, Virginia.  This will be our 7th cruise over all and our 4th on Carnival.  Can't wait to see this very pretty PHAT girl (Plenty of Hooch And Treats).

I just booked our room for October 15th.    Thanks for the info on when to book dining reservations.  Has anyone heard of any activities planned for that Day from the Cruise line?

Welcome to the rollcall.  I’m just catching up on the posts from this cruise and the other two I have booked for 2020.  Consider yourself members of the rollcall.  Still a little too far out for any activities from the cruise line.  It would be nice to have a formal grand opening of the new terminal a few days before the Mardi Gras arrives at Port Canaveral.  I would attend that.  Other than that, I haven’t heard of anything planned formally.  

Cloud 9 Spa

Our luxurious Cloud 9 Spas are over 20,000 square feet and are featured on eleven Carnival ships. Some of the facilities are capacity controlled and extra charges may apply.

For guests who did not purchase a spa stateroom or suite but would like to use the Thermal Suites, Thalassotherapy Pool or large hot tub spa, we offer day passes and passes for the cruise duration. A Thalassotherapy Pool is featured on Carnival Breeze, Carnival Dream, Carnival Magic, Carnival Splendor and Mardi Gras. A large hot tub spa is featured on Carnival Horizon, Carnival Panorama and Carnival Vista. 

Passes for the cruise duration can be purchased on board at the Cloud 9 Spa or pre-purchased online by accessing 'Manage My Booking' from the Carnival.com home page. Daily passes can only be purchased on board at the Cloud 9 Spa.

Prices from per guest (prices are subject to change and exclude Europe cruises)
Daily Pass: $40 
4 day cruise $79   
5 day cruise $99 
6 day cruise: $119   
7 day cruise: $139

Thalassotherapy Pool

Relaxation Room

Experience Showers

2 Saunas (men/women)

2 Locker Rooms (men/women)

Steam Chamber: Aroma Steam

Dry Heat Chamber: Salt and Infrared Heat Chamber

This Video shows, what look's like to be type of zip line.  Beside the roller coaster and rope line.  

Just want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.  For those traveling, safe travels and safe return home.  Between the weather and the crowded highways and airports, your patience will surely be tested.  Luckily, my family all live close by, so traveling is not an issue.  Be safe and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Rich

MILITARY APPRECIATION

A Carnival cruise features special ways we recognize the service of U.S. and Canadian military members and veterans. It begins with military discounts on cruise fare... but it doesn't end there! Whether you're active or retired, come out and join us at the Military Appreciation Gathering — held on absolutely every cruise — where we honor the courage and commitment made by soldiers... and of course, their families as well. In addition to the event, there's also a chance for veterans, and the folks who matter to them, to gather around the reserved table and share stories at the Veterans' Tea Time Meet & Greet.

I saw is offer under another Cruise Critic Carnival VIFP deals posting, that if you book a balcony or suite on Mardi gras you can get a $100 onboard credit per person.   If you fill out the “Early Saver Price Protection Form” it’s possible to get a credit.  Or if you have this offer, call carnival and give them the offer code. (Which I don't know what it is. maybe someone can add it).  Just check all the small print. 

The other cruise critic member was awarded the $200 total credit within the hour!

The deal is valid through December 16th. Here’s a link to the form:

https://www.carnival.com/core/requestforms/priceprotection.aspx.

I hope this helps others

2E626B53-1DA6-48B6-8FFC-B4867B449671.png.0179da43617c90698e8d5dcf0b22737f.png

Loft 19 questions

PRO: Access to the area will be complimentary for guests booked in any of the 32 Carnival Excel suites. Guests not staying in one of the Carnival Excel Suites will be able to gain access to Loft 19.

CON: Said access will come at a price… and that price will include a cabana. And how much will those cabanas cost? A full-day pass, allowing access from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., will run $50 on port days, and $150 on sea days. Want week-long access to a cabana? That can be had for $900 per cabana. All prices are in addition to an 18-percent gratuity.

QUESTION: 

1) I have an Excel suite:  So will I have to pay for a cabana at the same rate as none Excel passenger's?

2) I have an Excel suite:  Will I get a discounted rate on a cabana, I already have complimentary access

3a) Will I pay $150 for a cabana with my complimentary access to loft 19

3b) Will a non-excel passenger pay $150 for a cabana and get free access to loft 19 

1) So will our Excel suites include loft 19 with a complimentary cabana?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRO: Those staying in the 32 Carnival Excel Suites will have priority access to cabana reservations.

CON: Given that Loft 19 only contains 12 private cabanas, the fact that excel guests get the first crack at them on any given day could majorly impact the ability of other guests to rent one. And of course, there are an awful lot of other guests who might potentially be looking to slip into one of the dozen hot spots.

QUESTION

1) How's 32 Excel suites going to divide up 12 cabanas.

2) How many other guest will be allowed in loft 19, when all Excel suites are enjoying loft 19 and all the cabanas are taken?