MITSUGIRLY sails off into the HORIZON-review & pictorial

mitsugirly

Wow, the kids are really growing up! Sakari and Brayden are practically teenagers! It's incredible to look back at some of your earlier reviews and really see that, and so special since you've said that you write these for Sakari. Thanks so much for taking time out of your holiday to share your cruise with us.

Looks so much better now. Thank you! I’m loving your review, as always. Can’t wait to read the rest! I hope you enjoyed the Horizon. We sailed on it this spring in Europe and it’s my favorite ship so far. We only had one sea day, though, so not nearly enough time to enjoy it fully. I hope to sail on her again someday. 

18 hours ago, georgiacat said:

I always enjoy your reviews.  I am looking forward to this one.  Congratulations on your schooling.

17 hours ago, Lionesss said:

First of all congratulations on your academic achievement!!!!!

I must have missed your major.  What did you attain your bachelors in?

Second of all.

YOUR THREAD IS AWESOME!!!!

So detailed and I just love the pictures.

What a beautiful family you have.

Cannot wait for more.

Thanks

MERRY CHRISTMAS 

16 hours ago, momof3cruisers said:

Thank you so much for changing your font! I was very sad that I was going to miss out on your review because reading posts in that font is way too difficult. 

I really appreciate the work you put into your reviews. Looking forward to following along.

No problem. I see there are several changes around here on cruise critic and the font thing must have been one of them.

Glad to have you here.

14 hours ago, sweethart9510 said:

Yeaaaaa!!!! Love your reviews 

Aww, thanks so much.

14 hours ago, starfish the second said:

following thanks for the review 

You're welcome and I hope you enjoy it.

14 hours ago, AKR2011 said:

Wow, the kids are really growing up! Sakari and Brayden are practically teenagers! It's incredible to look back at some of your earlier reviews and really see that, and so special since you've said that you write these for Sakari. Thanks so much for taking time out of your holiday to share your cruise with us.

I know...they are getting so big. These Pre-teens are a whole new breed these days. LOL

Thanks for tagging along with the review.

13 hours ago, bakersdozen12 said:

Looks so much better now. Thank you! I’m loving your review, as always. Can’t wait to read the rest! I hope you enjoyed the Horizon. We sailed on it this spring in Europe and it’s my favorite ship so far. We only had one sea day, though, so not nearly enough time to enjoy it fully. I hope to sail on her again someday. 

Thanks so much and glad you are here.

9 hours ago, Cafedumonde said:

Seeing a new review of yours is a real Christmas gift!  Your reviews are amazing. Thanks!

That's so sweet. Glad you are here.

8 hours ago, pdcat21 said:

Yay.  I was just looking to see if you had new review! Really enjoy them.  Lol I do the exact same thing as Sakari when I fly! Always have to touch the plane!

Haha, I'll let Sakari know she's not the only one that has a thing about touching the plane.

Great review so far, mitsugirly... That building referenced on the way to the port isn't a hotel, but indeed a VERY expensive condo. 1000 Museum Place has condos starting at $5.65 million, and go up to $21.85 million... The architect, Zaha Hadid, is from Iraq, and has designed famous buildings all over the world...

• Like 4

Like others, I kept looking to see where you were and was getting quite concerned.  I'm so glad to see you back and that it was nothing more serious than just life getting in the way.  As to Sakari, OMG, she has lost her "child" face and she now have a pre-teen face for sure!  They do grow up way too fast!  So glad I now have this to read in the coming days!  Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas!

• Like 1

So glad you're back!! Congratulations on the hiatus and the dedication to school work. I love your reviews! You, Sid_9169 and Saint Greg keep the rest of us coming back for more. I sure hope there's some diving planned because I love your underwater shots! Have a great cruise.

• Like 1

Awesome. Always enjoy your reviews and now I finally get to follow along with one as you're posting it live. 

Also, I'll be sure to scratch that hotel from the list of candidates for my next cruise in Miami. Closing the pool at dusk is so stupid.

Edited by CoasterGuy
a word

So glad you are doing another review, I enjoyed all of your previous reviews and the information and details that you put into them. It really help me when our family took our cruise in September. Looking forward for the rest. Congrats on almost being done with school.

So excited to see another review from you! We'll be sailing  on Conquest in April with the same itinerary except going to Princess Cays instead of DR. I can't wait to hear about your adventures in the ports. Going on a 3 day cruise tomorrow so will be so happy to catch up with this when we return! Thanks so much for your reviews!

I am sooooo glad to see you back.

I noticed you left Facebook a while back and worried about you.

I decided to give a look today as I just booked a cruise on Monday that sails Jan 27 (I love booking last minute cruises for a deal!) and wanted to find your ports you visited.  We are going out of San Juan, a first for us.  Which hotels did you stay while there? I believe the Sheraton was one?  I'll have to do some digging to find your reports.

So far my pre-cruise choices are super limited and I booked an airbnb for the first night, but I am looking at options for a post night.

Dec. 10 is a great birthday! Congrats to your son. My youngest daughter has that same birthday!

I am enjoying this so far and can't wait to read more.

Thank so much for all the time and work you put in. Crossed that hotel off my list for our June Horizon cruise

Also flying southwest out of Columbus (live near Dayton) into FLL. We usually head down to Miami to stay the night before. Why did you choose to stay in Ft Lauderdale? would you do it again?