Topless area on Jade

Seb_Nicole

Hello,

Not trying to offend anybody. Just wondering if there is a topless area on Norwegian Jade (So nobody gets offended!)

I have been reading about a freestyle sundeck not sure if that's still acceptable and or if there is one on the Jade. If anybody know can you advise me ?

Thanks ! 🙂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, casofilia said:

I still don’t see why they don’t allow it on the highest deck...

There would be no male teenagers in the pool!!

Would have a lot to do with how many folks under 30 were “utilizing” the highest deck. 🙂

Deck 15 still has the walls around the deck area with white painted metal. I have been on other Jewel class ships that still have the same area. It used to be the freestyle area. Some guests recently (2018) still have used this area as a clothing optional area and nothing was said. They even have had bar service up there. My wife and I have used this as a quiet, tanning, and no kids refuge and even though we didn't uitilize the clothing optional idea it certainly didn't bother us when others did. We will be on the Jade in February. Looking forward to sun and fun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seb_Nicole said:

Hello,

Not trying to offend anybody. Just wondering if there is a topless area on Norwegian Jade (So nobody gets offended!)

I have been reading about a freestyle sundeck not sure if that's still acceptable and or if there is one on the Jade. If anybody know can you advise me ?

Thanks ! 🙂

I have not been on this specific NCL ship and not sure if they have the "Vibe" on it but on the Getaway/Escape there is. There is 3 of us that always travel and get a Cabana in the Vibe and it is completely secluded and the two girls are always able to lay out topless there. (not just a "vibe pass", must get the Cabana in the Vibe)

4 hours ago, Seb_Nicole said:

Hello,

Thanks ! 🙂

Topless sunbathing has not been around for about 10 years now...It turned out a lot of the ships that had water slides.....lol didn't realize the young boys getting a free view ....last time I have been on a ship with topless deck was Costa Atlantica in 2007....as my DH said with that option you get the good , the bad, and the unattractive.........I said close your eyes no one is asking you to look...thpppp

• Like 1

There is no place sat aside specifically for topless sun bathing but as others have said, if you are discrete you can do it on the "freestyle sun deck". Unless passengers complain no one is going to say anything to you.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, zqvol said:

There is no place sat aside specifically for topless sun bathing but as others have said, if you are discrete you can do it on the "freestyle sun deck". Unless passengers complain no one is going to say anything to you.

Might as well go ahead and smoke there, too.  Both are against NCL rules and perhaps no-one will feel like confronting you.  

Probably not an issue with European cruises - but for the western hemisphere cruises egads a Spanish Inquisition

of sorts from the old country - somebody might get upset over it.

Frequently on the sun drenched cruises backless {topless} is observed - nothing to look at here folks - even droids

have a backside. 

9 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Probably not an issue with European cruises - but for the western hemisphere cruises egads a Spanish Inquisition

of sorts from the old country - somebody might get upset over it.

Frequently on the sun drenched cruises backless {topless} is observed - nothing to look at here folks - even droids

have a backside. 

Western Hemisphere is a bit sweeping when you consider it's half the world's surface and includes a lot of western europe and even parts of africa.

I am guessing that many who replied to this thread have never been on the Freestyle deck. I am into photography and since this is the highest deck on the ship it usually has the best views (of the landscapes) so I have utilized this deck many times in recent years. On the Star, Dawn and Jewel I have frequently accidently observed many topless and occasionally bottomless sunbathers on this deck. Somewhere I have photos of the signs that say "Freestyle Deck" and "Adults Only".

I have never observed signs on these decks that say " Topless is forbidden".  Somewhere in the rules and regulations, Norwegian may say they prohibit these acts to C.T.A. but they certainly are not enforced.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tallyho8 said:

I am guessing that many who replied to this thread have never been on the Freestyle deck. I am into photography and since this is the highest deck on the ship it usually has the best views (of the landscapes) so I have utilized this deck many times in recent years. On the Star, Dawn and Jewel I have frequently accidently observed many topless and occasionally bottomless sunbathers on this deck. Somewhere I have photos of the signs that say "Freestyle Deck" and "Adults Only".

I have never observed signs on these decks that say " Topless is forbidden".  Somewhere in the rules and regulations, Norwegian may say they prohibit these acts to C.T.A. but they certainly are not enforced.

I will be securing loungers on this deck on the Jade next month.

• Like 1