Little French Key

Yanicka24

Has anyone done Little French Key since the fire?  I understand the animal interactions are limited to none which is fine, that wouldnt be the reason for booking it anyway.  Someone in our Facebook group for our sailing mentioned it and just looking for all the honest opinions I can get.  It's me & my husband, we are in our 30s. We like to swim & snorkel. I'm more a relax type, he's more adventurous.  Sailing on Carnival in about 30 days.

Yes I was just there at the beginning of the month. I have been there multiple times including a 3 night stay at the Beach House a few weeks before it burned down. They do have a couple jaguars (no interactions) as well as some birds, horses, and little pigs - super cute! There are various sections of the island where you can be in total peace and quiet with very few people around, or by all the action with music and more people. It has a little bit of something for everyone. The kayaks and paddle boards are also available for use. I suggest you check out their FB as well. 

I’m interested in this place as well - looking for a nice beach day with water toys and shade. I’d almost rather there weren’t animals, since it doesn’t seem like the right weather for some of them, but as long as they’re not mistreated I’m ok. We’ll be on a royal Caribbean ship in early February. 

Edited by SarahD112

31 minutes ago, SarahD112 said:

I’m interested in this place as well - looking for a nice beach day with water toys and shade. I’d almost rather there weren’t animals, since it doesn’t seem like the right weather for some of them, but as long as they’re not mistreated I’m ok. We’ll be on a royal Caribbean ship in early February. 

They aren't mistreated and there is lots of shade as well as sun. LFK isn't using the "channel" for the water taxi (BFK does somewhat since that's where their pier is, but that's not by where most of the people are and every time I've been there it's been the same) as was mentioned in a previous thread. They definitely do have the kayaks and paddle boards back out. Also I didn't experience a long line to pay and there were plenty of servers. I was there December 4 so without going back and searching, I think my experience is the most recent. There were 2 ships in port at the time - Carnival Glory and Norwegian Getaway.