End of Year Specials

niceguyneastbay

Seems like there are specials all year long.  Now I want to book a cruise for March and there are no specials  UGG.  

Hope they have something coming out for end of year or New Years .

For our Mariners who track the specials, do you remember seeing deals for end of the year and start of the new year?

We are considering a last minute cruise leaving on January 6th and all categories are showing availability. I am also wondering if I should book today (no extras and price hasn't moved in the last couple of weeks) or wait until Tuesday and see. Cutting it pretty close...

1 hour ago, Classynfun1 said:

We are considering a last minute cruise leaving on January 6th and all categories are showing availability. I am also wondering if I should book today (no extras and price hasn't moved in the last couple of weeks) or wait until Tuesday and see. Cutting it pretty close...gory we usu

Depends a bit on how cheap the fares are now.  I normally have a per day price in my mind for the category I like and go from there.  With only 9 days left to sailing, I doubt it will get much cheaper.

2 hours ago, Classynfun1 said:

We are considering a last minute cruise leaving on January 6th and all categories are showing availability. I am also wondering if I should book today (no extras and price hasn't moved in the last couple of weeks) or wait until Tuesday and see. Cutting it pretty close...

I have been monitoring fares from San Diego in January.  The fares later in the month are real good right now.

48 minutes ago, cruiserchuck said:

I have been monitoring fares from San Diego in January.  The fares later in the month are real good right now.

I saw those (we live in San Diego too)! Unfortunately, I start a new job near the end of the month, so I can't take advantage. Thank you so much for making sure I knew about them! 

1 hour ago, DaveOKC said:

Depends a bit on how cheap the fares are now.  I normally have a per day price in my mind for the category I like and go from there.  With only 9 days left to sailing, I doubt it will get much cheaper.

That is a good rule of thumb. I haven't sailed on HAL in so long that I have no idea what is a good price. I will get it figured out though. Thank you! 

On 12/28/2018 at 3:26 PM, Classynfun1 said:

Also bear in mind HAL typically assigns guarantee bookings about 5-7 days prior to sailing, so many of the "open" cabins could disappear this week depending on how many guarantee bookings they need to assign room #s to.  The chance of a crazy super discount this close in is pretty much zero.  If there was a "bottom" to the pricing it was already reached at some point in the last 60 days.

HAL has their Why Not Now promotional sale going on right now. Here's the link:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/deals/why-not-now-cruises.html

My TA informed us the refeenced category upgrade is only applicable for upgrading from an Inside cabin to an Oceanview.

Edited by Ken the cruiser