Cab to Tripicana from cruise ship

may1021

I booked the Tropicana on our own.   How much is a cab from the cruiseport to the Tropicana.  Are cabs readily available.   How much should this cost?  Will they take American money?  Should we ask the cab driver to pick us up or will there be cabs at the Tropicana when we leave?

I ask about $$ because we met a Canadian couple on a cruise in November who had vacationed in Cuba 4 times.  They said they readily take American $$ and not to bother to change it.

THX.

On 12/28/2018 at 3:55 PM, may1021 said:

I booked the Tropicana on our own.   How much is a cab from the cruiseport to the Tropicana.  Are cabs readily available.   How much should this cost?  Will they take American money?  Should we ask the cab driver to pick us up or will there be cabs at the Tropicana when we leave?

I ask about $$ because we met a Canadian couple on a cruise in November who had vacationed in Cuba 4 times.  They said they readily take American $$ and not to bother to change it.

THX.

Exchanging USD to CUP incites a 10%surcharge at the exchange desks: so even though the CUP and USD are equal exchange you only get 90% back. 

Recommendations say to exchange to CAD or EURO at home, and then exchange to CUP once in Cuba. 

1 hour ago, fidel&george said:

Exchanging USD to CUP incites a 10%surcharge at the exchange desks: so even though the CUP and USD are equal exchange you only get 90% back. 

Recommendations say to exchange to CAD or EURO at home, and then exchange to CUP once in Cuba. 

I think you mean the CUC.  The CUP (Cuban peso) is (based on my research) have much less value than the CUC and are only used by locals. Tourists receive the CUC when they do currency exchange.  

9 hours ago, LadyMac72 said:

I think you mean the CUC.  The CUP (Cuban peso) is (based on my research) have much less value than the CUC and are only used by locals. Tourists receive the CUC when they do currency exchange.  

9 hours ago, LadyMac72 said:

Absolutely. You are correct. Auto spell changed CUC to CUP.