Celebrity Equinox itinerary change 6/22/19 Sailing

jmediaman

We are scheduled on Celebrity Equinox (6/22/19).  After looking into my cruise planner this afternoon, I noticed that Cap Cana, DR has changed to Tortola BVI.  Anyone have any insight into this change?  Btw, this is my first posting on CC, so please forgive any errors to proper protocol.

5 hours ago, jmediaman said:

We are scheduled on Celebrity Equinox (6/22/19).  After looking into my cruise planner this afternoon, I noticed that Cap Cana, DR has changed to Tortola BVI.  Anyone have any insight into this change?  Btw, this is my first posting on CC, so please forgive any errors to proper protocol.

I love Tortola, or more accurately, the sea around Tortola.  The snorkeling is wonderful.  If you have a decent sized roll call going, see if you can charter a catamaran, or just book yourselves.  We've been on Aristocat and was booked on Aristocat's boat Lionheart (but one month after Irma--needless to say--it didn't happen).  Aristocat lost both of their boats, as did just about every boat owner on the island.  I just checked and Aristocat now has a new boat called "Sugar Rush".  https://kuralu.com/

Another option is:  https://kuralu.com/

You can also take the ferry (or ship excursion) over to The Bath on Virgin Gorda.

I wish our October 14 Equinox itinerary would switch to Tortola.  

This is a much better option than DR.

22 hours ago, MadisonMom said:

I received notice that the 3/16/19 sailing has changed from Punta Cana to Tortola, too. Also call time has changed for Nassau to 12:30-7pm.

The website for your sailing still shows Punta Cana, so I guess there is hope my sailing in April will change too, although I've not yet received notice.  

We are booked on the October 25, 2019 and also just noticed a changed to Tortola also. Have not been to either one but wasn’t particularly excited about DR .I’m gonna look into the suggestion above from the pd7277.

but the excursions on Celebrity website still has DR not Tortola

Edited by sdnich

We’re on the 6/22/19 sailing and was excited to see the change.  Looks like they’ve added a lot to the port in Tortola for shopping and the diving is still fantastic.  We might visit the Baths.  Looks interesting.

I couldn't remember the ports for our 6/1/19 Equinox cruise, so I just checked.  We're on a western itinerary, so not impacted.  That actually makes me a little sad because our cruise insurance provides reimbursement for pre-departure itinerary changes.  Darn :classic_biggrin:

Edited by hiccups

• 3 months later...
On 1/1/2019 at 12:27 PM, X2tgibso said:

We’re on the 6/22/19 sailing and was excited to see the change.  Looks like they’ve added a lot to the port in Tortola for shopping and the diving is still fantastic.  We might visit the Baths.  Looks interesting.

There is still  much damage around the Island,  but things are coming back

. Everyone there is so happy and grateful  for cruisers' return.  We had a great  day there in Jan...good lunch , nice beach and shopping excursion, good port shopping   The beauty of Tortola is amazing!  

Edited by hcat

• 2 weeks later...

I’m surprised no one has stated the whole point of going on the cruise was to call at Cap Cana and this now ruins their whole vacation and they want a full refund or free ticket, but still go on the cruise. that seems to happen every time I hear about some port change. Some people think they can get away with such silliness. 

Den

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Denny01 said:

I’m surprised no one has stated the whole point of going on the cruise was to call at Cap Cana and this now ruins their whole vacation and they want a full refund or free ticket, but still go on the cruise. that seems to happen every time I hear about some port change. Some people think they can get away with such silliness. 

Den

On our cruise in February, there was a couple who wanted compensation for the cruise leaving Florida EARLY.  It left 30 minutes early and they wanted additional OBC.  And they were on board, obviously.  Then they asked for a partial refund as Samana was substituted for Punta Cana and that  was "ruining their cruise".  

Who wouldn't go on a "bad port" cruise for free? I am on this cruise in August and I could have cancelled for free when they made the port change because it was SO FAR in advance and YES I am pissed that we aren't getting to go to DR. Puerto Rico was cancelled last time we went and we got stuck at Nassau. We HATE nassau. Now we are on a cruise that goes to 3 ports that we are so sick of and one port that probably won't happen. Still, I am NOT expecting the cruise line to refund my cruise fare AND let me still sail. 

Come on people!