Good Upsell Offer?

lalyn1983

Hi All! We received a pop up message on My Cruise Manager to upgrade our 4E interior (deck 6) on the 7/14 sailing of the Magic to a 6L oceanview (deck 1) for $222. We have sailed in a 4E before with no issue, but since there are 4 of us, we do love idea of extra space and an additional bathroom for the kids. I'm just wondering if it seems worth it overall. I checked what it would cost to make the same upgrade without the offer and it would be $410 more, so we would save $188 with the upsell price of $222. Do you think this is a good deal?

9 minutes ago, BoDidly said:

Popup ????

Yes, I logged onto My Cruise Manager to review some of our information and when I did a red banner popped up at the top of the page stating that we were eligible for a stateroom upgrade. This is only my second cruise and the first time not using a TA, so I am not very familiar with the cruise manager. I didn't realize the upgrade popup was unusual, but seems like it might be something new. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lalyn1983 said:

Yes, I logged onto My Cruise Manager to review some of our information and when I did a red banner popped up at the top of the page stating that we were eligible for a stateroom upgrade. This is only my second cruise and the first time not using a TA, so I am not very familiar with the cruise manager. I didn't realize the upgrade popup was unusual, but seems like it might be something new. 

I also had the red banner pop up, but it was right after I received an email with the same offer.

I also had red "pop up" for Magic sailing in March. Inside Empress to balcony.... For $820!!!! No thanks. This will be our 9th Carnival cruise and the first time I've ever seen this kind of pop up offer. We have gotten phone calls from upsell fairy before. One time we took offer, others we declined.

Glad you took it! I'm sure you'll be pleased. I got my first ever pop up message last week. My Nov 2019 cruise is paid in full. Just curious if yours was too and if that's why we were selected? I booked an oceanview and they offered me a balcony on a much higher deck. I get sea sick easily so i've always stayed lower.