Can you snorkel in Labadee?

Trinam2

1 hour ago, Trinam2 said:

We have some snorkeling gear and wondered if there are any spots to get to from the beach?

Not really.  The beaches are very sandy which means not a lot of fish.  The are a few rocks under the water slide that has some very small fish, and there is a rock barrier at Adrenaline Beach that you can sometimes see one or two interesting things, but overall, the snorkeling at Labadee does not compare to most other places in the Caribbean

39 minutes ago, RMH said:

Not really.  The beaches are very sandy which means not a lot of fish.  The are a few rocks under the water slide that has some very small fish, and there is a rock barrier at Adrenaline Beach that you can sometimes see one or two interesting things, but overall, the snorkeling at Labadee does not compare to most other places in the Caribbean

Thanks for your reply. I guess we won’t cart our snorkeling gear off the ship on that stop.

• 5 months later...
On 1/1/2019 at 5:50 PM, preschool teacher said:

If you do the speed boat snorkel...the snorkeling is great...I have gone twice and I’m going again in 20 days...I was very surprised the snorkeling was so good the first time I went....the price is not bad either....the ride there and back was fun too...

How was this excursion in January? I have not heard good reviews about snorkeling in Labadee so I would love some feedback!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2018 at 9:20 PM, Trinam2 said:

We have some snorkeling gear and wondered if there are any spots to get to from the beach?

Probably too late for this anyway, but, I have to disagree with what has been said. I should qualify by saying that I'm not an avid snorkeler and so have little to compare with, but I've always found that over near the rocks - on Barefoot Beach - to the left of the main beach area, there is some pretty decent snorkeling in and around the rocks that jut out into the water. Lots of colorful fish and various types of coral. Perhaps I'm easily satisfied, but I've taken my gear along every time and always really enjoyed it. 

• Like 1