Edge/Revolutionized Ships---Hmmm---$$$$

cluso

When I looked at booking the Millie yesterday, the new A1 cabins next to the spa on 10 starboard (top picture - cabins 1000-1024) were available for booking. I almost booked one to try something new, but I'm not sure about the traffic going by those cabins to the spa and gym. I ended up going with deck 11 aft A1's with huge balconies since we have enjoyed them in the past.

Quickly looking through the other cabins available - I didn't see any new suites, but just took a quick peek and not sure if other deck plans were the new ones.

Edited by vtcruising

On 12/29/2018 at 11:32 PM, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Well - I have seen an advance sneak peak at the Millennium deck plans and the iLounge, acupuncture and library areas midship on deck 6,7,8,9 are all GONE and replaced by inside cabins!  No indication anywhere of a new Library space.  There is an indication that the iLounge will be relocated to the unused area on deck 3 between the mid elevators and ships exterior.  Tuscan Grille is being shrunk to closer resemble the Connie and several new cabins will be installed port side between Tuscan and the mid elevators.  Spa and Oceanview cafe areas significant changes and more AQ cabins being added near spa.  Some images attached below

Reconfigured Spa:

Millenium post dry dock deck plan A.JPG

Reconfigured Oceanview Cafe:

Millenium post dry dock deck plan B.JPG

Millenium post dry dock deck plan C.JPG

Retreat Sundeck deck 12 FWD:

Millenium post dry dock deck plan D.JPG

Reconfigured Deck 3 midship areas:

Millenium post dry dock deck plan E.JPG

Very small I lounge area ...wow!

Gym reduced... most serious gym users want cardo, weights, gen fitness classes. Seems skimpy!

More cabins less public space. 

Will the cabins near the spa  be in AQ class..adding more pax to BLU?

We really decided to skip M class for the future anyhow..too many underlying issues with AC abd plumbing.  This seals it!

Still have high hopes for S class re dos

On 12/30/2018 at 9:05 AM, tallnthensome said:

Spot on! Until complaints rise, ships sailing at less than max capacity, and more and more empty specialty restaurants collect dust will things remain the same. 

New cruisers will fill the ships...enjoying what for them will be a  new experience..

For us all inclusives  are looking good again....esp at suite and concierge levels!  Some now have pvt islands and   great excursions amazing golf, fully equipped gyms.. Rooms are usually phenomenal with real balconies..good dining and  night time entertainment.

We may look at this for 2020..until  dust settles on S Class refurbs

17 minutes ago, hcat said:

New cruisers will fill the ships...enjoying what for them will be a  new experience..

For us all inclusives  are looking good again....esp at suite and concierge levels!  Some now have pvt islands and   great excursions amazing golf, fully equipped gyms.. Rooms are usually phenomenal with real balconies..good dining and  night time entertainment.

We’re currently on Viking Ocean Sun and have thought more than once Hcat would really like this cruise line.  It’s a very different experience from X.

On 12/29/2018 at 9:32 PM, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Well - I have seen an advance sneak peak at the Millennium deck plans and the iLounge, acupuncture and library areas midship on deck 6,7,8,9 are all GONE and replaced by inside cabins!  No indication anywhere of a new Library space.  There is an indication that the iLounge will be relocated to the unused area on deck 3 between the mid elevators and ships exterior.  Tuscan Grille is being shrunk to closer resemble the Connie and several new cabins will be installed port side between Tuscan and the mid elevators.  Spa and Oceanview cafe areas significant changes and more AQ cabins being added near spa.  Some images attached below

Reconfigured Spa:

Millenium post dry dock deck plan A.JPG

Interesting, indeed. So, if one gets one of the "Lucky Thirteen" staterooms numbered 1000 to 1024 it would be good if they are not superstitious.

23 hours ago, cruise47 said:

I just hope that Celebrity top brass will stop and re-evaluate their plans for total Revolution of all their M & S class ships for  a year.

I don't see that happening. The plans for the revolution have been in place too long and too many people are dependent on the work involved with all the ships being changed. I would imagine the management perspective is that change will happen and people will adapt to it. But, then there is the history of Ford trying to push the Edsel on customers....

56 minutes ago, hcat said:

Very small I lounge area ...wow!

Gym reduced... most serious gym users want cardo, weights, gen fitness classes. Seems skimpy!

More cabins less public space. 

Will the cabins near the spa  be in AQ class..adding more pax to BLU?

We really decided to skip M class for the future anyhow..too many underlying issues with AC abd plumbing.  This seals it!

Still have high hopes for S class re dos

Yes, the 13 new cabins near the spa are classified as AQ (1). You can book them now on the Millie - if you go to the website, you can see the new configurations when booking. As I said above, they look like a high-traffic area and would have traffic going by those cabins.

22 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Those areas all remain unchanged per the deck plans I saw.  There did not appear to be an increase in suites.  The basic layout and size of all public area appears to remain intact, however these deck plans may not yet be "final" or represent the actuality of the onboard product in detail.

You are probably correct that these are not the final deck plans. I read somewhere that X would be adding the equivalent of the Reflection suite and Signature suites to the M class ships. That would require a lot of real estate on those ships to be repurposed, which I hope X will decide against in the end.

23 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Thanks for the info. Can you confirm that Luminae is still in the same spot and Retreat Lounge location is where Michael's Club currently is? Also, any new suites being added anywhere? Any other changes to the top deck; is basketball court still present, any update to the rooftop terrace?

There are artist renderings of the Retreat Lounge on the M class ships in the information X released regarding the “Revolution”. You can tell from the pictures that the Retreat is in the current Michael’s Club location by the frosted windows which are currently in place and apparently will not be changed.

I couldn’t find a way to copy the picture (you have to scroll down) but here’s a link to the info:

https://webapps.celebritycruises.com/revolution/accommodations/

Edited by C-Dragons

45 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

You are probably correct that these are not the final deck plans. I read somewhere that X would be adding the equivalent of the Reflection suite and Signature suites to the M class ships. That would require a lot of real estate on those ships to be repurposed, which I hope X will decide against in the end.

I read that Reflection and Signature will only be added to S class. This seems to be confirmed because you can book them now on future Equinox sailings. I don't think I read anywhere that M class will get them, but I could be mistaken.

As far as spa traffic by the 13, it looks like they've rerouted all the traffic to the Port side of the ship, so I don't think it will be bad, especially if you're in 1000 to 1014.

8 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

There are artist renderings of the Retreat Lounge on the M class ships in the information X released regarding the “Revolution”. You can tell from the pictures that the Retreat is in the current Michael’s Club location by the frosted windows which are currently in place and apparently will not be changed.

I couldn’t find a way to copy the picture (you have to scroll down) but here’s a link to the info:

https://webapps.celebritycruises.com/revolution/accommodations/

Yes, I am aware of that. I wanted confirmation of what we had been guesstimating since someone finally had the actual updated deckplans.

4 minutes ago, CoconutOne said:

I read that Reflection and Signature will only be added to S class. This seems to be confirmed because you can book them now on future Equinox sailings. I don't think I read anywhere that M class will get them, but I could be mistaken.

Actually you are probably correct and it makes more sense. I'm a little sleep deprived and that's what I'll blame my confusion on. 😉

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

When I looked at booking the Millie yesterday, the new A1 cabins next to the spa on 10 starboard (top picture - cabins 1000-1024) were available for booking. I almost booked one to try something new, but I'm not sure about the traffic going by those cabins to the spa and gym. I ended up going with deck 11 aft A1's with huge balconies since we have enjoyed them in the past.

I don't think there will be any traffic at all in that hallway. My guess is that all spa guests (including the aerobics studio) will access the facilities by entering on the port side of the forward elevators. No one other than those room guests will have a reason to go through that hallway. 

Carnival has a similar concept at their Cloud 9 Spa. My understanding is that those rooms are very popular and sell out fast.

9 minutes ago, CoconutOne said:

I booked Equinox for January 2020 and Reflection and Signature Suites were not a booking option. The Signature category does appear as Sold Out but that doesn't really mean anything as I can look at Silhouette for November of 2019 before the revolution updates and it also shows Signature Suite category as Sold Out.

4 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

I booked Equinox for January 2020 and Reflection and Signature Suites were not a booking option. The Signature category does appear as Sold Out but that doesn't really mean anything as I can look at Silhouette for November of 2019 before the revolution updates and it also shows Signature Suite category as Sold Out.

Strange. You could book them about 2 weeks ago. The deck plan brought you to a picture of the Sky Lounge for the location.

14 minutes ago, MightyMike said:

I don't think there will be any traffic at all in that hallway. My guess is that all spa guests (including the aerobics studio) will access the facilities by entering on the port side of the forward elevators. No one other than those room guests will have a reason to go through that hallway. 

Carnival has a similar concept at their Cloud 9 Spa. My understanding is that those rooms are very popular and sell out fast.

Thanks! I was looking at the first one (1024) for convenience to dash over to the port side of the Solarium,  when needed (Alaskan cruise) and it looked like there might be traffic from the Solarium to the elevators (and maybe to gym/spa) past there. Maybe one further down would be safer, though I think I'll stick with the aft A1 with the view of both sides.

Edited by vtcruising

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Funny you said that.  Just yesterday I started researching adult only all inclusives.  I've never stayed at one, but given the trend I'm seeing in ocean cruising it seems like an alternative I should explore.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CoconutOne said:

Strange. You could book them about 2 weeks ago. The deck plan brought you to a picture of the Sky Lounge for the location.

Signature suites are available for booking on the Equinox 12 night Ultimate Southern Caribbean sailing Dec. 21, 2020. 😊

On 12/30/2018 at 8:27 AM, richsea said:

Unfortunately, regardless of how many people detest the art auctions, they must continue to be a revenue stream for them. Really can’t fault them for that, orany other changes that enhance their revenue.thetrick is that they do it in a way that does not lessen the overall experience. IMO, the addition of the Retreat on deck 12 makes use of a space that wasgreatly underused.  Now if they screwed with the Sky Lounge any more, than they had by adding the Fun Factory some years ago, that would be a different story.

I guess acupuncture wasn’t generating enough revenue, & the library has probably been a thorn in their side for a long time, unless they could start renting books!

the other thing to remember is that we who are fsmiliar with tge present ships will most likely eventually get over any changes we don’t like, but newbies will never know the difference. I am sure that is the bean counter’s mindset.

As long as people buy from the art auctions they will continue to be allocated space.  The only way that changes is if people stop buying.

The advent of e-books pretty much makes for the end of Libraries on cruise ships.  Some lines still have the space for reading, but without the books.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mnocket said:

Funny you said that.  Just yesterday I started researching adult only all inclusives.  I've never stayed at one, but given the trend I'm seeing in ocean cruising it seems like an alternative I should explore.

We enjoyed S andals in the Bahamas......Thinking of a return to one of their Carib  resorts ( not Jamaica) or more likely  A tlantis Resort ( not an All Inc) ...with extended family or just the two of us.  Time for a change up...

Long term, hopefully  Celebrity S Class will work out fine!

The Reflection and Signature suites on Equinox post revolution are bookable through the travel agent system (starting with the May 2nd 2020 sailing and beyond) and the rooms #s and quantity of suites in each category are identical to that of Reflection, so would assume the reduction of Sky Lounge and location/size of the suites will be the same on Equinox as currently on Reflection.  An updated deck plan is not yet viewable for the Equinox.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

Friends are booked on Equinox for Jan 2020 in AQ class (reg location) .

Post reno, what should they expect re BLU, Thermal suite, Specialty dining, and upstairs at Sky...EDEN  type show or no?

Edited by hcat