A couple questions about balcony room on the getaway

MrmrsSteelman

We leave next Sunday for our first cruise!!!!! Yay! We booked it a year ago. Can’t believe it’s finally almost here! We are booked in a balcony room on deck 13th. I have a couple questions about the room. 

How many plugs are actually in the room and is there an outlet near the bed? 

Is there a fan in the bathroom? If so is it possible to leave it on overnight with out all the lights being on? I am so used to the noise of a fan. I ordered a plastic small fan for the trip, but once I got it it seems bigger then I thought and I don’t know if I want to take it.

inseen in some pictures and videos the balcony has a light, are you able to shut this off?

Thanks!

21 minutes ago, MrmrsSteelman said:

We leave next Sunday for our first cruise!!!!! Yay! We booked it a year ago. Can’t believe it’s finally almost here! We are booked in a balcony room on deck 13th. I have a couple questions about the room. 

How many plugs are actually in the room and is there an outlet near the bed? 

Is there a fan in the bathroom? If so is it possible to leave it on overnight with out all the lights being on? I am so used to the noise of a fan. I ordered a plastic small fan for the trip, but once I got it it seems bigger then I thought and I don’t know if I want to take it.

inseen in some pictures and videos the balcony has a light, are you able to shut this off?

Thanks!

The power in your cabin is operated by your room key.  There is a slot right by the cabin down to put your room key in-- then you have power in your cabin and bathroom.  Once you remove the room key from the slot, you have NO power at all.

I would suggest bringing  battery powered fan and battery powered tea lights to use as night nights.

The light on the balcony only operates if your key card is in the slot.

Have a great cruise.

If you have an old hotel key card you can use it instead of your room key card. You can leave it in the slot - pop it up as you leave the room and push it in as you enter the room. The cabin steward will be happy when he sees one so he doesn't need to use his key.

All lights AND power outlets in the bathroom go off when the bathroom switch is turned off. So the plug in night lights will not work. We use battery operated tea light.

There is a switch for the balcony light somewhere close to the sliding doors - you'll have to look for it.

Enjoy!!

1 hour ago, bluesea777 said:

If you have an old hotel key card you can use it instead of your room key card. You can leave it in the slot - pop it up as you leave the room and push it in as you enter the room. The cabin steward will be happy when he sees one so he doesn't need to use his key.

All lights AND power outlets in the bathroom go off when the bathroom switch is turned off. So the plug in night lights will not work. We use battery operated tea light.

There is a switch for the balcony light somewhere close to the sliding doors - you'll have to look for it.

Enjoy!!

Isnthere a fan in the bathroom?

There's an exhaust "fan" in the bathroom, but it doesn't make the white noise I'm thinking you're asking about, like a fan in a home bathroom would. You'll want your small fan, or if you have an iPad or iPhone (or Android, maybe?), we bring that and use a white noise app called, appropriately, White Noise. Oddly, the jet engine option is the best white noise choice in the app - at least for us! The app works in airplane mode, so no worries about using data or anything.

Also, there's no outlet near the bed. The only one in the room that I recall is at the desk. We bring one of the plugs that gives you 3 extra plugs to charge our stuff.

Yep, you can shut off your balcony light. The switch is by the balcony. Your neighbors will thank you! 🙂

Enjoy your first cruise! We just sailed the Getaway in October of this year and had a great time.

Edited by dolita22
Adding more info!

59 minutes ago, dolita22 said:

There's an exhaust "fan" in the bathroom, but it doesn't make the white noise I'm thinking you're asking about, like a fan in a home bathroom would. You'll want your small fan, or if you have an iPad or iPhone (or Android, maybe?), we bring that and use a white noise app called, appropriately, White Noise. Oddly, the jet engine option is the best white noise choice in the app - at least for us! The app works in airplane mode, so no worries about using data or anything.

Also, there's no outlet near the bed. The only one in the room that I recall is at the desk. We bring one of the plugs that gives you 3 extra plugs to charge our stuff.

Yep, you can shut off your balcony light. The switch is by the balcony. Your neighbors will thank you! 🙂

Enjoy your first cruise! We just sailed the Getaway in October of this year and had a great time.

Was on the Getaway 2 weeks ago and I can verify that the information in the quoted post is accurate.

was on the Getaway last week (balcony room). 

There is no white noise in the bathroom. I sleep with ear plugs in.

There were only 2 regular electrical outlets, so bring a splitter. One of the electric outlets didn't even work. No USB outlets at all.

Our balcony (forward) light switch was by the balcony, but in mom's balcony room (aft) it was under the vanity mirror above the desk. Mom left her light on all night.... Sigh. 

Bring a small battery operated night light if you wish. For us personally, leaving the curtain slightly open (with the light OFF) provided enough light not to bump into things and use a bathroom normally.

No outlets near the bed either.

Probably looking to save money but you could purchase a sound machine that has a number of noises including white noise. In our balcony cabin there were USB ports on the light fixtures mounted on the wall on each side of the bed. Enjoy your cruise. 24 days and I'll make a return engagement on the Getaway! :classic_biggrin:

As mentioned, there are only a couple plugs, so, you will need a splitter or power strip.  If you bring a power strip, it MUST NOT have surge protection.  Check Amazon, you can buy strips with out surge, most have a couple USBs too, that are safe and allowed on cruise ships.  

I used to bring a fan on vacation, but now I use an app on my smartphone.  There are many to choose from: fan, white noise, etc.  I recommend downloading a few and trying them out, they are not all created equal.  I use one called SleepFan on Android.

• Like 1