I want to hold a sloth and a monkey, and go to west bay beach. Best tour?

sazzifrazz

15 hours ago, xps15z said:

This is the quotes I received. Does this sound about right to everyone for 3 people? Hopefully this is helpful to people in the future also. The discoverroatan is with their 10% discount. The beach is Infinity Bay entrance.

Ronys Tour:
-$90 for car ride
-$15 each for entrance to zoo
-$20 each for entrance to beach
- $195 total

Victor Bodden Tour:
- $90 for car ride
- $15 total for zoo (11AM deadline to hug)
- Beach range from 10 to 40 per person
- $165 estimated total

discoverroatan.net:
- $149.47 for beach
- $150.62 for zoo
- $270.08 total

monkeyandslothhangout.com:
- Little more expensive than above

The first two look about right although Rony will take you to any beach so would have the same range as Bodden.

I don’t understand the Discover Roatan quote. Does it include taxes?

Is the beach Infinity and is it just the entrance fee? Which “zoo” is quoted for each vendor - I don't know of any zoo but lots of different animal “sanctuaries”. Why are the last two added together - don’t they both include transport?

24 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

The first two look about right although Rony will take you to any beach so would have the same range as Bodden.

I don’t understand the Discover Roatan quote. Does it include taxes?

Is the beach Infinity and is it just the entrance fee? Which “zoo” is quoted for each vendor - I don't know of any zoo but lots of different animal “sanctuaries”. Why are the last two added together - don’t they both include transport?

I have no idea why Discover Roatan is so expensive. But those were the total prices with a 10% discount code added. The last two of 149 and 150 is added together as that's the cost with the experience + transport.

Sorry didn't mean zoo, but animal sanctuaries. Was just quicker to type zoo atm lol.

The beach is Infinity for entrance. I message Infinity directly but haven't received a response yet since I was curious what they would charge.

Also to note the 11AM deadline to hug is not the same time as us here in America.  His response was, " Your ship time for that is 9:30AM, but our sloths live on ISLAND TIME, so you will get here at 7:30AM "Sloth Time!" and have pleanty of time to visit the sloths. "

1 hour ago, xps15z said:

I have no idea why Discover Roatan is so expensive. But those were the total prices with a 10% discount code added. The last two of 149 and 150 is added together as that's the cost with the experience + transport.

Sorry didn't mean zoo, but animal sanctuaries. Was just quicker to type zoo atm lol.

The beach is Infinity for entrance. I message Infinity directly but haven't received a response yet since I was curious what they would charge.

Also to note the 11AM deadline to hug is not the same time as us here in America.  His response was, " Your ship time for that is 9:30AM, but our sloths live on ISLAND TIME, so you will get here at 7:30AM "Sloth Time!" and have pleanty of time to visit the sloths. "

Unless your Infinity price includes some food or drinks I would say both prices include transport - you would not be paying for transport twice so overall price for both should be less.

if you use the search engine for this forum ( if it is working) you will find prices for Infinity From recent visitors although I had a feeling people had said recently passes were not available again recently ( however that is sometimes seasonal).

you need to keep in mind the tours may be visiting different sanctuaries.

Roatan is on CST year round so time will depend on when you are sailing, where you are sailing from and whether your captain alters ship time. Whatever you need to keep a watch on ship time.

On 6/4/2019 at 9:02 PM, xps15z said:

This is the quotes I received. Does this sound about right to everyone for 3 people? Hopefully this is helpful to people in the future also. The discoverroatan is with their 10% discount. The beach is Infinity Bay entrance.

Ronys Tour:
-$90 for car ride
-$15 each for entrance to zoo
-$20 each for entrance to beach
- $195 total

Victor Bodden Tour:
- $90 for car ride
- $15 total for zoo (11AM deadline to hug)
- Beach range from 10 to 40 per person
- $165 estimated total

discoverroatan.net:
- $149.47 for beach
- $150.62 for zoo
- $270.08 total

monkeyandslothhangout.com:
- Little more expensive than above

looks right for Victor.  i dont have experience with the others.  Bananarama is $10/person.  Infinity is a bit more since they have a pool.

1 hour ago, bstel said:

looks right for Victor.  i dont have experience with the others.  Bananarama is $10/person.  Infinity is a bit more since they have a pool.

Are we able to pay for a cheaper resort and still walk past Infinity side for snorkeling right? As we don't need to use a pool, just wanted to go in that area for snorkeling off the  beach. 

6 minutes ago, xps15z said:

Are we able to pay for a cheaper resort and still walk past Infinity side for snorkeling right? As we don't need to use a pool, just wanted to go in that area for snorkeling off the  beach. 

Yes

1 hour ago, xps15z said:

We used Rony's Tours and had an excellent guide.  We really only wanted to snorkel at West Bay, so our guide just walked us in at Bananarama (no charge!) and we walked down to Infinity Resort and laid towels on the beach.  He watched our things while we went in the water.  We ate lunch at the outdoor restaurant at the Infinity Resort.

Edited by sueandtimj
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, xps15z said:

yes, the beach is public so you can walk anywhere.  you don't actually need to use a resort at all if you dont want to pay.  Its only if you want access to the resort facilities (chairs, restrooms, etc)

Edited by bstel
add

3 hours ago, sueandtimj said:

We used Rony's Tours and had an excellent guide.  We really only wanted to snorkel at West Bay, so our guide just walked us in at Bananarama (no charge!) and we walked down to Infinity Resort and laid towels on the beach.  He watched our things while we went in the water.  We ate lunch at the outdoor restaurant at the Infinity Resort.

to clarify you didn't actually go in Bananarama.  your guide just walked you in the public access past Banarama.  the public access runs between Banarama and Paradise.

40 minutes ago, bstel said:

to clarify you didn't actually go in Bananarama.  your guide just walked you in the public access past Banarama.  the public access runs between Banarama and Paradise.

Actually, he knew the guy at the entrance and told him that we were headed down by Infinity resort to snorkel, so we just walked through it.  Not sure where Paradise resort is.

10 hours ago, sueandtimj said:

Actually, he knew the guy at the entrance and told him that we were headed down by Infinity resort to snorkel, so we just walked through it.  Not sure where Paradise resort is.

If I understand where you were, on the road leading from the beach to the West Bay mall..that road, public access is on the Paradise Beach Club's property. Anyone one can walk down it to acess the beach. Bananarama is on the other side of the road. Unless Bananarama has put up some sort of barricade on that road which seems extraordinary really unlikely it is the only walkable public access to the beach. 

On 6/8/2019 at 8:09 AM, Guest 2000 said:

If I understand where you were, on the road leading from the beach to the West Bay mall..that road, public access is on the Paradise Beach Club's property. Anyone one can walk down it to acess the beach. Bananarama is on the other side of the road. Unless Bananarama has put up some sort of barricade on that road which seems extraordinary really unlikely it is the only walkable public access to the beach. 

no the road is still open.  banarama still has there little booth just to the right of the road when walking toward the beach.  Thats why i was confused with the original post that said he went through Banarama to get to Paradise or wherever.

21 minutes ago, bstel said:

no the road is still open.  banarama still has there little booth just to the right of the road when walking toward the beach.  Thats why i was confused with the original post that said he went through Banarama to get to Paradise or wherever.

I think in the excitement folks are not at all sure where they are and leave it to the driver, which is not a bad idea although education is also good stuff.  I am pleased to hear Bananarama did not come to some sort of understanding with Paradise ( who owns the road) and start charging everyone to get to the beach.  Often times if you just look and act like you know what you are doing... :0)