Taste of Twin Cities Food Tour - POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!

alpha58

My husband and I booked the Taste of Twin Cities Food Tour for our port stop in St. Croix on March 27, 2019. The tour is operated by Virgin Islands Food Tours and was booked through Viator (TripAdvisor). We paid the total amount of $178.00 and were looking forward to the tour. 

Celebrity has since changed the port from St. Croix to St. Thomas, so I inquired about a refund. The answer from Viator is that the "local tour operator does not allow us to refund or adjust any confirmed booking, including changes to the date, activity details, or travelers." There is no consideration for circumstances beyond the traveler's control. 

I realize that booking tours not operated by the cruise lines is a bit risky. I am surprised, however, that a local vendor dependent on cruise business would have such a restrictive policy resulting in posts like this, and that TripAdvisor would work with such a company. Apparently TripAdvisor doesn't care about its reputation either. This is the last tour I will ever book through TripAdvisor/Viator. 

Just a warning to other folks. May save you some $$. 

• Thanks 1

VENDOR HAS REDEEMED ITSELF! REFUND FORTHCOMING. 

I tried to change the title of the post, but was unable, so hopefully folks will read this addendum. After filing a complaint with TripAdvisor about the answer I got from Viator, I received an email this morning from Viator stating that "as a gesture of goodwill," they will be giving me a full refund. 

I am very pleased with the outcome, and my faith in TripAdvisor/Viator has been restored. The tour did look like fun and I'm sorry we will be missing it. Hopefully, we can find something equally interesting in St. Thomas.