Dickensen vs Valley Church

Barwick Cruiser

Last visit to Antigua we went to Valley Church and it was nice.  Visiting again next week and are thinking we might like to try Dickensen Bay...is it as nice as the pictures look?  Nicer than Valley Church?  We like a nice beach with calm water and gradual entry without a sharp drop-off, clean washrooms, loungers and umbrellas and maybe some food/drink available.  Thanks for any advice if anyone has been to both?

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same question on these beaches. I am looking for the same type beach you’ve described! We will be in Antigua at the end of the month and am thinking of going to Valley Church Beach. I’d love any thoughts or advice on that.

On 12/31/2018 at 5:32 PM, Barwick Cruiser said:

Last visit to Antigua we went to Valley Church and it was nice.  Visiting again next week and are thinking we might like to try Dickensen Bay...is it as nice as the pictures look?  Nicer than Valley Church?  We like a nice beach with calm water and gradual entry without a sharp drop-off, clean washrooms, loungers and umbrellas and maybe some food/drink available.  Thanks for any advice if anyone has been to both?

Check out Beach Limerz on Fort james Beach. We were there in November off the Celebrity Summit. It is a 10 minute cab ride ($5pp each way). The owners, Gail and Barry, will make you feel very comfortable and at home. The beach is beautiful, the bar/restaurant is old school Caribbean( which means AWESOME) and the food and drinks are reasonable and very good. When you contact Gail at info@beachlimerz.com, tell her the Conch Fritters Guy sent you, and she will make you feel even more special! Here is our quick video of our day in Antigua at Beach Limerz:

Edited by existentialtraveler

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 7:57 AM, existentialtraveler said:

Check out Beach Limerz on Fort james Beach. We were there in November off the Celebrity Summit. It is a 10 minute cab ride ($5pp each way). The owners, Gail and Barry, will make you feel very comfortable and at home. The beach is beautiful, the bar/restaurant is old school Caribbean( which means AWESOME) and the food and drinks are reasonable and very good. When you contact Gail at info@beachlimerz.com, tell her the Conch Fritters Guy sent you, and she will make you feel even more special! Here is our quick video of our day in Antigua at Beach Limerz:

Thanks for posting this.  We've been to Antigua a few times and was looking for somewhere new.   It's exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks again.

Is Valley Church Beach right next to Jolly beach?

Is this the same Bay?

If yes then it is better than Dickenson. I like both, but Dickenson is closer and easily reachable, so it is more crowded even with 1 smaller ship in port. Jolly was stunningly beautiful and less crowded

On 2/8/2019 at 1:34 PM, Tatka said:

Is Valley Church Beach right next to Jolly beach?

Is this the same Bay?

If yes then it is better than Dickenson. I like both, but Dickenson is closer and easily reachable, so it is more crowded even with 1 smaller ship in port. Jolly was stunningly beautiful and less crowded

YES!!! They are all the same beach, I was just there we started at the end(Turner's Beach) and went all the way up to Darkwood the FIRST beach on that stretch on the southwest side of the island. Darkwood, Turner's, Jolly they are all on the EXACT same stretch of beach. I would go to Turner's or Darkwood, water is awesome, beach and sand were simply beautiful, great beach bar's too. Go and have fun we had a blast. Take care Todd

• Like 1