Summit...last sailing before drydock

444cruiser

My husband and I are booked on Summit’s last sailing before she goes in for refurbishment.  I’m getting nervous wondering if they will be starting construction while we are on still board. I’ve read reviews where they have closed down certain areas to begin work. Anyone have experience with this or can calm my concern (or at least manage my expectations) Thanks in advance.

They should not do anything that would decrease from the cruise experience as a whole. All the restaurants should be open each day. They should have the same activities as any other sailing. Entertainment should be the same. You should not be asked to sacrifice anything from what is promised.

But on disembarkation day, all bets are off. There could be a lot more activity than on a typical disembarkation day. Perhaps the night before some areas will be roped off in preparation.

They may want to get a head start on some things, but you have been promised the same cruise experience they promise for every other cruise. You expectations should be the same as for any other Celebrity cruise. It is not your responsibility to make sure your cruise isn't near a drydock time. If Celebrity delivers an inferior experience compared to the other cruises before yours, they need to be held to account.

We were actually on Summit on the last cruise before her last drydock. After reading some threads we had the same concerns. Turned out we never saw one bit of construction or preparation, absolutely no indication of the work about to commence. The only difference between that cruise and every other we've had is that when we disembarked there were workers with tools, rather than partying cruisers, waiting to board.