Anybody been on Freedom lately?

torbs

I already have the Harmony booked for our 2019 Holiday cruise.  I just saw the itinerary for the FOS and it looks amazing.  Having been on Oasis and Freedom before, not too concerned about the ships per se...  Was wondering the condition of FOS as I am contemplating a move.  Coco Cay, Roatan, Costa Maya, Cozumel (HOS) v St Maartin, St Kitts, Antigua, Bonaire, Barbados (FOS).  Aware of change fees.... thoughts?

We did a B2B on Freedom this past September and loved the ship & itineraries. Freedom is in excellent condition. Although we had some disappointments with our onboard experience ... this had nothing to do with the ship or crew. Many threads/posts on this subject and you're welcome to find them...I'm not going to elaborate here.

3 minutes ago, Ashland said:

We did a B2B on Freedom this past September and loved the ship & itineraries. Freedom is in excellent condition. Although we had some disappointments with our onboard experience ... this had nothing to do with the ship or crew. Many threads/posts on this subject and you're welcome to find them...I'm not going to elaborate here.

Thanks!  Will take a look around

I just got back from a cruise on Freedom last week.  We chose Freedom for the itinerary.  This was my third Royal cruise from San Juan.  In my opinion, nothing can touch the southern Caribbean ports.  My recommendation to you is to decide if the ship is more important or the itinerary.  

My thoughts on the Freedom is that it is very worn in several areas.  I have been on a lot of RCL ships in the past 6 years, and FOS is not up to Royal's normal standards for condition.  We had read some of the reviews and were prepared.  I am going to wait for it to be renovated before I sail on it again.  Not totally horrible, but it won't compare at all to the Harmony.

At the same time the ports are as drastically different as the ships.  You can't compare the Harmony run to the southern Caribbean.  As the previous poster mentioned, there is a different onboard experience out of San Juan.  This was the case of 2 of the 3 cruises that I have taken out of San Juan.  People tend to be a little more rude around the windjammer and elevators especially.  I was shocked the first few times that people stepped in front of me in the serving line and basically all but snatched the spoon out of my hands.  

• Like 1

Just got off Dec 23, ship seemed fine.  If previous poster wants to say it's "worn" they should be specific.....

We are on Freedom again B2B in a few weeks 🙂

Only real issue we had - expect half the freestyle soda machines to work half the time....    But this isn't specific to Freedom we've seen it on every ship.  RCCL should be ashamed of their maintenance of those machines.

14 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

Can you prebuy or buy on board a photo package? It is not offered on the booking to prebuy. 

We we are traveling in the summer. 

Keep watching your Cruise Planner, it may show up.