Oasis in dry dock from September 22 – November 23, 2019. Any chance of waterslides?

I keep hearing rumors that the Oasis class ships will all have water slides a la Harmony and Symphony. Does anyone know if the dry dock coming up in 2019 will include this?

It sounds silly but a ship with no water slides is a deal breaker for my teens and spouse. 

Thanks!

Edited by cruisecritiquer

I am curious as well.  I am toggling between taking Symphony or Oasis with the revamp.  I really want Symphony, but if Oasis is less expensive for my party of five and still has most of the same offerings as Symphony, I may lean toward Oasis.  I am wondering if they add the new restaurants that Symphony has as well, like the new Hooked or anything else.  Those aren't dealbreakers for me, but it would be nice to have some of the newer things.  Like the iFly.

6 hours ago, MaiseyM said:

I am curious as well.  I am toggling between taking Symphony or Oasis with the revamp.  I really want Symphony, but if Oasis is less expensive for my party of five and still has most of the same offerings as Symphony, I may lean toward Oasis.  I am wondering if they add the new restaurants that Symphony has as well, like the new Hooked or anything else.  Those aren't dealbreakers for me, but it would be nice to have some of the newer things.  Like the iFly.

I would expect the following

Jamies Italian to replace Giovanni’s 

Playmakers to replace Sabor

some type of waterslide 

Addition of Hooked and Wonderland

Escape room

El loco Fresh to replace wipeout cafe

Extremely doubtful that you will see I fly on Oasis class ships.

Thanks!  Nothing is a dealbreaker for me but it would be nice to eee the updated version.  Symphony is considerably more expensive and more not quite sure if it will really offers that much more than an updated Oasis. 

16 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Wonderland going in where the diamond lounge is currently located?

I bet it is. The large illuminated deck plan boards by the elevators, and other places, still have Wonderland on deck 11. 

As somone who likes the view out the aft, I hope they don’t add The Abyss, although I think I’m swimming upstream . 

mac_tlc

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

I bet it is. The large illuminated deck plan boards by the elevators, and other places, still have Wonderland on deck 11. ...

It's possible those signs will be changed.  They've been there since the last dry dock.

10 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I would expect waterslides, though the cruise line has not publicly released  list of changes to Oasis.

Any idea when they will announce the changes?

Comparing same two weeks for March 2021, Oasis is actually a bit more than Harmony, which is backwards....so makes you wonder what changes are coming.

1 minute ago, LuCruise said:

Any idea when they will announce the changes?

Comparing same two weeks for March 2021, Oasis is actually a bit more than Harmony, which is backwards....so makes you wonder what changes are coming.

Most likely when they are sure.  From time to time, they change plans, even during the dry dock.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MaiseyM said:

There is a significant price difference between Symphony and Oasis (AMPed) at the time of our desired sailing at the end of this year.

Oasis Balcony starts at $835 for Dec. 14 sailing.

Miami, Florida | Cruising | Labadee, Haiti | Falmouth, Jamaica | Cruising | Cozumel, Mexico | Cruising | Miami, Florida

Symphony Balcony starts at $1232.00 for Dec. 15 sailing.

Miami, Florida | Cruising | Basseterre, St. Kitts | Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas | Cruising | Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas | Miami,Florida

Harmony Balcony starts at $852.00 for Dec. 15 sailing. 
Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida | Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas | Cruising | San Juan, Puerto Rico | Philipsburg, St. Maarten |Cruising | Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida

That's an enormous price difference between Symphony and the two others. 

And, after you start looking at the details the Harmony is $1102 and $1375 for ocean view w/ balcony and ocean view with large balcony respectively. Oasis is $900 and $1097. Symphony is $1316 and $1594.00.

I'd happily book Oasis if she's getting all the upgrades I've heard about. 

I found this website, but it's confusing to me what the green highlighted updates mean. 

https://www.*****.com/2018/04/30/royal-caribbean-releases-royal-amplified-fleet-upgrade-schedule

11 hours ago, MaiseyM said:

No Oasis class has iFly, and I doubt you'll see it added to Oasis either.  It's a unique feature of Quantum class.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would expect the following

Jamies Italian to replace Giovanni’s 

Playmakers to replace Sabor

some type of waterslide 

Addition of Hooked and Wonderland

Escape room

El loco Fresh to replace wipeout cafe

Extremely doubtful that you will see I fly on Oasis class ships.

Spot on. Maybe even a Bamboo Room also. 

I wonder if they will add WOW bands as well. 

2 hours ago, cruisecritiquer said:

I found this website, but it's confusing to me what the green highlighted updates mean. 

https://www.*****.com/2018/04/30/royal-caribbean-releases-royal-amplified-fleet-upgrade-schedule

Thanks.  I didn't know that Allure was getting a makeover, if I understand that correctly.  I wanted to do Symphony b/c it's new, but honestly, with a party of five, if I can save a few thousand at Christmas and have something almost the same, I am leaning toward Oasis or something else.  I just need some new ports b/c I have done San Juan, Labadee, and St. Maarten at least two times in a row.  I need something new.  

21 hours ago, MaiseyM said:

Thanks.  I didn't know that Allure was getting a makeover, if I understand that correctly.  I wanted to do Symphony b/c it's new, but honestly, with a party of five, if I can save a few thousand at Christmas and have something almost the same, I am leaning toward Oasis or something else.  I just need some new ports b/c I have done San Juan, Labadee, and St. Maarten at least two times in a row.  I need something new.  

I'm normally cruise with NCL, but I'm kind of sick of the same old ports as well. 

I asked social media for a specific itemization of what will be on the AMPed Oasis and they said, "Hi, Alicia. I'll check on this and get back you once I have the info. -Gwen"

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cruisecritiquer said:

I'm normally cruise with NCL, but I'm kind of sick of the same old ports as well. 

I asked social media for a specific itemization of what will be on the AMPed Oasis and they said, "Hi, Alicia. I'll check on this and get back you once I have the info. -Gwen"

I would expect that Oasis/Allure will get many, but not all, of the newer features found on the Harmony/Symphony.  Plus a one or two unique features as to keep each ship within a class slightly unique. That way, it will give customers a reason to try different ships within a class.

Having said that, I'd be surprised if water slides are not included. It's almost mandatory these days on ships designed to attract families with young kids.

I would be surprised if Gwen gets back to you before Sept. Royal is tight-lipped about their upgrades.  But if I'm wrong & she does get back to you, please share the info with us!

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I would expect that Oasis/Allure will get many, but not all, of the newer features found on the Harmony/Symphony.  Plus a one or two unique features as to keep each ship within a class slightly unique. That way, it will give customers a reason to try different ships within a class.

Having said that, I'd be surprised if water slides are not included. It's almost mandatory these days on ships designed to attract families with young kids.

I would be surprised if Gwen gets back to you before Sept. Royal is tight-lipped about their upgrades.  But if I'm wrong & she does get back to you, please share the info with us!

Agree with this.  They refurbished Mariner and Independence with almost identical features (slides, Sky Pad, laser tag, Playmakers, etc), and then took a totally different twist with Navigator. All amazing but it lets frequent Royal cruisers try new things giving something different to each ship.  

Am curious on the Broadway show...if they keep Cats or change it to something else (and if latter, what they select).  From what posters say here, many leave at intermission and so crew would notice that and give feedback to Royal.

Edited by LuCruise

Waterslides on ships are nothing to brag about.

Especially compared to real water park slides.

Most of the ship slides are pretty slow and some you actually push yourself along to avoid stopping midway.

They take up a lot of space and are very noisy.

They should not be a deal breaker.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 10:07 AM, matj2000 said:

Waterslides on ships are nothing to brag about.

Especially compared to real water park slides.

Most of the ship slides are pretty slow and some you actually push yourself along to avoid stopping midway.

They take up a lot of space and are very noisy.

They should not be a deal breaker.

hahaha

Are you slide-shaming us? We are consummate Norwegians and we have always enjoyed our NCL waterslides. If Royal's doesn't compare, that's a shame. NCL's are great. 

We'll take water slides wherever we can find them. Atlantis. Maya Lost Kingdom. Disney. 

We like our slides.

I respect your opinion.

lol

• Like 2