Zuiderdam Veranda Balcony Cabins

DreamsVacations

I am starting this thread to raise awareness of the very poorly configured Veranda Balcony Cabins on the Zuiderdam.  

Holland America allows passengers of up to 4 passengers to book these cabins.  However, unless you do not care to have access to the balcony (which I believe is the sole reason most of us pay the increased cost to have a balcony cabin) or the bar fridge and vanity, I would recommend saving your money and book an Ocean View or Interior cabin.  

We are a family of 3.  My daughter, grandson (11) and I, were on the 10 day Holiday cruise this December 16, 2018.  In order to have the 3rd bed, they had to remove furniture from the cabin for the duration of the cruise and entirely block access to the balcony door, bar fridge and vanity.  The first front desk customer service we spoke to, advised the cabin accommodates up to 4 passengers.  This is impossible with 2 single beds and a love-seat pull out single sofa bed  all wall to wall with no drop down for a 4th.  

Another family of 3 we met on this cruise had the same type of cabin and issues.  

We were all very disappointed after paying the extra cost to have a balcony cabin with no access to the balcony.

Has anyone else experienced the same on the Zuiderdam or any other Holland America or other cruise line ships?

ppAgqlq2R0e3adVVl265xw.jpg

WEHPWauiSfaz62WdixINlA.jpg

EPT2JTWGQZG8T1DAXtsXFQ.jpg

Welcome!  Did they leave the sleeper bed open all day??  We cruised on the Eurodam in an inside cabin as a family of 4 and looked to have more room than your cabin.  Here are some pictures of the cabin and sleeping arrangements that I had submitted to Halfacts.

http://halfacts.com/signature-class/6065-eurodam/

You may want to send your pictures to Halfacts as well as a cautionary tale of the sleeping setup you experienced.

Thank you for the advise and link.  The inside cabin you had certainly looks much larger than our balcony cabin.  I will definitely submit to Halfacts.  We did fold the sleeper bed back in during the day to have a little more room to walk around while getting ready in the morning/night.  However, as you know most of us are out at the ports or on the pool/sun decks during the day.  Having access to the balcony during the day was useless really.  Room service was also a challenge if we wanted to order in anything after my grandson had fallen to sleep on the sleeper bed.   Will definitely save the extra cost and book an entire next time.