An Adventure of a LIfetime - Preview and Semi-Live Trip Report - AOS - Eastern

20 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

T3 for Carnival will be very nice as well. I'm hoping an Icon comes to T1 due to the LNG bunkering needed for Mardi Gras and NASA

Good call with LNG bunkering in PC. It would be great for PC to get the first Icon Class ship. You figure RCI will step up their deployment in PC to stay ahead of the competition. 

8 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Good call with LNG bunkering in PC. It would be great for PC to get the first Icon Class ship. You figure RCI will step up their deployment in PC to stay ahead of the competition. 

Not sure, it is odd that T1 is generally vacant on Saturday

Cool horn battle with Adventure and Harmony leaving St Maarten last night. Here in St. Kitts with Reflection. The weather could not be better.

Had a magician for entertainment last night. He was actually pretty good as was the Cosmo I was drinking. So far it has been great being back aboard Adventure after a few years away.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, twopackages said:
  • How did you get to Holland House?  
    Did you have to get there early to secure loungers and an umbrella?

• We were thinking of going there on our cruise (one week and 3 days - but who is counting), but don't really know the procedure.  
  • Thanks!

We took the water taxi, but you can walk. Go to their bar and ask if they have an available spot. We got the last one.

42 minutes ago, dreadpirate3 said:

Loving St Kitts. Took a shared taxi to Carambola Beach Club. Taxi was $4 each. Beach club is $30 for two loungers and an umbrella. 

Looks great!  I'll have to keep this in mind for the next time we're at St. Kitt's.  We've done the catamaran and snorkel (through RCI) the last two times and loved it.  We are looking for something new next time though.

Dan

2 hours ago, Dunfer said:

I will be on Adventure the beginning of March.  Can anyone tell me if they have the prohibition party on this ship/itinerary? 

Giovanni's has something called Bada Boom, Bada Bing.  Looks kind of gangster

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

New JS pics for @Tall-Cruiser

These are 1100, though.

The last pic is 1106

John - Thanks a bunch for these pics. Its much appreciated. The balcony is much bigger than I thought compared to the ones on deck 9.

Hope you guys are enjoying your cruise.  Have a great time.

10 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

John - Thanks a bunch for these pics. Its much appreciated. The balcony is much bigger than I thought compared to the ones on deck 9.

Hope you guys are enjoying your cruise.  Have a great time.

I think the cabin layout is sideways, vs front to back

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I think the cabin layout is sideways, vs front to back

If I'm reading your pics correctly, looks like 1100 has a bigger balcony than 1106? Which leads to the next question. Is it worth making the change considering the interior of 1106 might be bigger than 1100 and location factor? Appreciate your feedback and thanks again. 

4 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

If I'm reading your pics correctly, looks like 1100 has a bigger balcony than 1106? Which leads to the next question. Is it worth making the change considering the interior of 1106 might be bigger than 1100 and location factor? Appreciate your feedback and thanks again. 

Never got close to 1106. What looks like 1106 balcony is actually the old approach to the peekaboo bridge from the Solarium.  That door is blocked off now, but the walkway is still there.  Kind of confusing.  I'd stick with 1106.  1100 can get people peering onto your balcony. 😉

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Never got close to 1106. What looks like 1106 balcony is actually the old approach to the peekaboo bridge from the Solarium.  That door is blocked off now, but the walkway is still there.  Kind of confusing.  I'd stick with 1106.  1100 can get people peering onto your balcony. 😉

That is excellent feedback. Thank you, thank you. 

On 1/12/2019 at 11:09 PM, ckrobyn said:

That’s my muster station too, interested in the answer as well. 99% sure it’s outside.

I messed up. Even numbers are port side. You will be in the shade. A1 A2 A3 A4 are inside in the Imperial lounge.

26 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I messed up. Even numbers are port side. You will be in the shade. A1 A2 A3 A4 are inside in the Imperial lounge.

Thanks for confirming.

Looks like you’re having a great cruise, enjoy the next two days at sea before coming back to the polar vortex!!