An Adventure of a LIfetime - Preview and Semi-Live Trip Report - AOS - Eastern

Have enjoyed following you. 

We are doing this intinerary on AOS at the end of March with a multi generational family of 19. 

Parents with teen are wondering best and least expensive way to keep in touch with kids.  The kids have access to Royal app on cell phones, if that will work anyway. 

Also so have been questioned about any theme night party they should be aware of?..

Any other tips about ship, kids club, family pictures etc. would be appreciated 

This comes up from time to time on CC.

Adventure does the SeaPass waiting in room.  Contrary to popular belief, the Key envelope is not sealed on this ship.  At least on Deck 6.  

And this is with two different cabin stewards.

20190126_113128.jpg

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Honestly, sunrises from the condo are just as nice.

Sunsets are nicer at sea

Spoken like a Florida east coaster. :classic_biggrin: Sunsets on the beach at Siesta Key can also be spectacular but sunrises...not so much.  Common denominator is sun and sea.

So as some of you know I am a bit of a navigation nut. Heading out last Saturday we sailed down the Old Bahama Channel (between the Florida Keys and the Bahamas) down to the northern coast of Cuba then sailed easterly into Labadee on the

Northern coast of Haiti. Btw, my cabin attendant is from Haiti and he has been a pleasure to interact with this week. We have sailed back on the eastern side of the Bahama Islands and are making the turn to sail west along the northern coast of Nassau and over to Ft. Lauderdale for a 4:30 AM arrival at the pilot station. Yes, I will be up in the morning for our arrival. I never miss it. I am looking at Nassau off our port side as I write this.

I've had an awesome week aboard Adventure. This ship has never disappointed me. Those of you with upcoming cruises have plenty to be excited about. The last night is always a bit sad for me even though I do look forward to returning home and getting back to work. I guess I'm fortunate to love the work I do and my profession.

I'm sure I will think of more to write when I get home. Two last thoughts tonight.... The internet on this ship sucks. Secondly, one thing about the CD that really bugs me is is doesn't know the proper use of "I" and "me". He uses "I" when he should be using "me". Sorry, that just bugs me.

I'm off to the farewell show.....

How did Dr Ocean and I end up taking over this Live Report 🤔

Anyway, here are some of the documents received this past 8 days.

Sorry if they are in no particular order.  I blame the useless internet.

BTW, I'm currently watching the Wiggles on channel  23. Absolutely  fascinating after several adult beverages.

I'm also eating cake by the ocean. 😁

Seriously, I'm eating cake

20190126_114409.jpg

Departure tag list. Guess who goes first

20190126_114915.jpg

20190126_115406.jpg

Gift tags, pretty sure I had more

20190126_115355.jpg

No bridge tour offered.

20190126_115048.jpg

20190126_114958.jpg

20190126_114946.jpg

Proof I drink other things than pink kool aid 

20190126_115417.jpg

20190126_115344.jpg

San Juan letter

20190126_114825.jpg

20190126_114752.jpg

Luggage valet

20190126_114307.jpg

20190126_114848.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

How did Dr Ocean and I end up t as king over this Live Report 🤔 ...

I want to thank all the contributors for an excellent live and semi-live thread.   It's been interesting reading about the same cruise from several different perspectives on the same thread.

Thanks also to dreadpirate3 for allowing us all to hijack the thread.

Oh, and I think the name should be Dr. Boy.  Ocean is his first name.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Google thinks we're back in Pt Everglades. 

The circle at the top is where my car is located

Need to move clock back an hour and go to bed.

The end of my sailing on Adventure in March is the start of DST so I guess we won't be doing that. It will be like starting DST a week early.

50 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

We will be first into PE. Harmony is behind us, Regal Princess, Csrnival Conquest, Nieuw Amsterdam. The lights of Ft. Lauderdale are getting close and this voyage is coming to a close. It's been great....

It was great sailing with you, well have to do this again some time. 

16 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Spoken like a Florida east coaster. :classic_biggrin: Sunsets on the beach at Siesta Key can also be spectacular but sunrises...not so much.  Common denominator is sun and sea.

Living here in beautiful Sarasota, I agree about the sunsets. 

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Google thinks we're back in Pt Everglades. 

The circle at the top is where my car is located

Need to move clock back an hour hour and go to bed.

20190126_230239.jpg

Good Morning- I too hate Terminal 29 in Ft. Lauderdale. I love parking near the ship, so we can self-disembark early and jump in our car and leave. I consider the extra cost and convenience part of the total trip expense. However, last November on the Freedom, and the year before on the Liberty we used Park n Go offsite. I was very skeptical the 1st time, but the service was excellent and by booking in advance, the savings was great. No need to search for shuttles when you get off, as there are many and they arrive frequently. We now use them for all FLL sailings. And this is coming from a true OCD travel planner!!!

https://www.bookparkngo.com/. Always enjoy your shipboard experiences. Thanks. (and you must visit Sarasota, to see our beautiful SUNSETS!!!!)

• Thanks 1

Walked off Adventure at 7:45 and sitting at the gate for my flight at 8:30. Unfortunately the flight is not until 12:30. I have zero complaints about terminal 29 this trip for either arrival or departure.

I was surprised, pleasantly, that the DL coffee machine was working this morning. On other ships it has not been available on departure morning. I would not have even checked if it had not been for a very appreciated above posting..... Thank you!!

It has been a bit if a rainy morning but after a week of perfect weather I have no complaints. At least it is much warmer than where I'll be this afternoon.

One thought.... at theater shows and Studio B the signs for priority seating only say Suite and Pinnacle but D+ is allowed too. So Bob and Robyn don't let the signs fool you. Theater seats are mid section balcony. Key seating is balcony to the right and left of mid section.

And one final thought for now..... the internet at the airport is way better than on the ship!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

BTW, I'm currently watching the Wiggles on channel  23. Absolutely  fascinating after several adult beverages.

Thanks John.  Now I've got Fruit Salad Yummy Yummy stuck in my head.  Thought I'd left that behind long ago.

25 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Walked off Adventure at 7:45 and sitting at the gate for my flight at 8:30. Unfortunately the flight is not until 12:30. I have zero complaints about terminal 29 this trip for either arrival or departure.

I was surprised, pleasantly, that the DL coffee machine was working this morning. On other ships it has not been available on departure morning. I would not have even checked if it had not been for a very appreciated above posting..... Thank you!!

It has been a bit if a rainy morning but after a week of perfect weather I have no complaints. At least it is much warmer than where I'll be this afternoon.

One thought.... at theater shows and Studio B the signs for priority seating only say Suite and Pinnacle but D+ is allowed too. So Bob and Robyn don't let the signs fool you. Theater seats are mid section balcony. Key seating is balcony to the right and left of mid section.

And one final thought for now..... the internet at the airport is way better than on the ship!

Thanks for commenting here throughout the week, and sharing your thoughts and perspectives. So glad you had amazing weather - hoping for the same in a few weeks when it's my turn.  Thanks for the tip on theatre seating.....I just wish they would extend this option to the pool. Those reserved stadium seats are almost always half empty and it annoys me every time I see it!

Did you spend much time in the DL, or enjoyed your evening drinks elsewhere?

I have a Promenade view cabin, do you know if the carpets have been replaced in all cabin categories?

Safe travels home!

I don't know about all the carpeting but mine was very clean looking.

The only time I spent in the DL was with the coffee machine. I am not a big drinker, maybe it doesn't come across that way, but the three drinks on my seapass more than takes care of me. Most nights I don't use all three. I like the Schooner bar. Something is always going on there. Had a great bartender. His name was Eric, who took good care if me.

18 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't know about all the carpeting but mine was very clean looking.

The only time I spent in the DL was with the coffee machine. I am not a big drinker, maybe it doesn't come across that way, but the three drinks on my seapass more than takes care of me. Most nights I don't use all three. I like the Schooner bar. Something us always going on there. Had a great bartender. His name was Eric, who took good care if me.

I know the ugly green furniture was all painted/replaced during the refurb, so I am going to assume the carpets were as well.  I have a long history with the AD, and was never a fan of that green.....

I really like the Schooner Bar as well - I will tell Eric you say hello when I see him in a few weeks :classic_smile:

37 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Thanks dreadpirate3, Ocean Boy and John for taking us along on your cruise. 

4 minutes ago, bilyclub said:

Thanks for the daily updates.  

It was fun being part of a group review. 

Can't wait to come back in December 

Adventure from the Mid Port and back in Cocoa Beach. Real internet.

20190127_113633.jpg

20190127_082912.jpg

Screenshot_20190127-114229_Speedtest.jpg