If we could do ONE helicopter tour.....

kaymoz

If we could do ONE helicopter tour.....what should it be?

Later this month, we'll do the NCL POA circuit of the islands (Kahului, Maui; Kilo & Kailua-Kona, Hawaii; and Nawiliwili, Kauai).   As we work work out some plans, we want to budget for one helicopter tour somewhere!  Any recommendations?

• 1 month later...

Just a followup, since this message popped up....I ended up doing a helicopter tour on Kauai and it was fantastic.  Much of the island seems to be more or less inaccessible for a variety of reasons, so it was an ideal way to see the landscape.

On 1/2/2019 at 1:42 PM, kaymoz said:

If we could do ONE helicopter tour.....what should it be?

Later this month, we'll do the NCL POA circuit of the islands (Kahului, Maui; Kilo & Kailua-Kona, Hawaii; and Nawiliwili, Kauai).   As we work work out some plans, we want to budget for one helicopter tour somewhere!  Any recommendations?

Sorry I'm just seeing this, but think you made the correct choice to do a heli tour of Kauai. Our trip over the Waimea Canyon was outstanding. We've also been on a heli tour over the Big Island, but there wasn't much volcanic activity at the time. If there was then that might have been our choice. Glad you had a great tour!

• 2 months later...

I'm looking for a Helicopter tour in Lahaina.  I have one currently booked in Kahului but am thinking we may not want to do the 1 & 20 drive there and back.  It will just add to the already expensive helicopter tour (we aren't renting a car that day).  

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  

Which one did you do?  

I was going to recommend the one we did on the big island over the volcano but since she was erupting,  I don't know what they are still flying.  You can see landscape anywhere but where else can you see an active bubbling volcano?  those images will stay with me forever.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mlbcruiser said:

Kauai for sure.

That's a completely different island lol.  But thanks, Kauai has been highly recommended for sure!!  If we ever go back, hopefully that will be one of our stops.  I think we'll stick with the original booking.  It's through Blue Hawaiian and they have great reviews.  

13 hours ago, Grover-Lee said:

I'm looking to not have to drive very far to get to the Helicopter location.  We tender in Lahaina (on Celebrity Solstice) and would like recommendations for something near there if possible. 

We did the cruise around the islands with Norwegian in January, where I did the helicopter thing on Kauai, and then spent five days afterwards on Maui.  One of the most memorable things we did on Maui was a circumnavigation of the island called Road to Hana, with a super-informative local guide in a van so we had a chance to see and learn about the gorgeous eastern side of the island up close, not-so-developed, which was refreshing.  We did that on one of our portstop days, with a port pickup, tho we were at a different port.  Lahaina is a major tourist center so many tour operators should be departing from there as well.  I think this is the company we went with:  https://www.tourmaui.com/tours/pride-of-america-hana-shore-excursion/