Luminae Wishes....

chemmo

2 hours ago, sippican said:

In my case, I rely heavily on the MDR menu as it clearly illustrates which items are safe for me to eat. On our Summit cruise, the Luminae dining staff was greatly lacking in thier knowledge, and ability to provide a gluten-free dining experience..

Did you raise this issue with the M’D, Michael’s Host or Suite Manager? 

15 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Did you raise this issue with the M’D, Michael’s Host or Suite Manager? 

Absolutely! Not only with the dining team, but with One Touch once we returned, and the special needs department. I had been "glutened" somehow, and found, for the remainder, that the MDR menu, buffet and Spa Cafe were more reliable and the food was better!

We'll be giving Luminae another try on our upcoming Millenium Asia cruise. It will be interesting if there are any changes following her current dry dock. I have already been in contact with the dining manager onboard, and have been encouraged to do so again mid-February as there will be a number of staffing changes once sailings resume.

2 hours ago, sippican said:

Absolutely! Not only with the dining team, but with One Touch once we returned, and the special needs department. I had been "glutened" somehow, and found, for the remainder, that the MDR menu, buffet and Spa Cafe were more reliable and the food was better!

We'll be giving Luminae another try on our upcoming Millenium Asia cruise. It will be interesting if there are any changes following her current dry dock. I have already been in contact with the dining manager onboard, and have been encouraged to do so again mid-February as there will be a number of staffing changes once sailings resume.

As the starter of this thread I do clearly believe that the Luminae menu could improve....However, I was surprised to hear of your issues. The ‘personal touch’ and need should be what gives Luminae its ‘edge’ (excuse the pun) compared to other restaurants. Our issues were all about personal choice not catering to medical need.

Please feed back on your experiences in February. If I was you I would ask the Michael’s concierge to arrange for you to meet the food and beverage manager soon after boarding....