Our family ADVENTURE - Live - Photo heavy review

Adventure of the Seas

January 5th -13th

We booked this cruise in June of 2017 while on our Alaskan cruise.  It was supposed to be us and my husbands whole family. Unfortunately they ended up  canceling right before final payment, so about a month later we decided to invite our niece to come along.  It will be myself and my husband (Zach and Jill) and 4 extremely excited kids.   We left early this morning and are driving to Fort Lauderdale from Northern Illinois.  We just crossed the Illinois/Kentucky border and are so glad to be leaving the cold behind for awhile. 

We have never paid for the internet package before but with 3 teens we figured that was our best bet at staying in contact with them while on the ship. Since we have it I thought I'd try out a live review.  As long as the ships wifi cooperates with me I will update each evening with how the day went. I absolutely LOVE taking pictures and am not really a writer so it will probably be more of a photo review along with a description of what has been going on.  

Feel free to ask any questions along the way and I will do my best to answer them all. 

20190103_081213.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Looking forward to this.  What are your cabin arrangements with 4 kids?

We are staying in a Family Oceanview room. We are excited as this is our first time in this type of room. It is bigger than a normal oceanview and has a second bedroom (large closet is more like it) with a set of bunk beds in it. 

• Like 1

Day 2 of travels began bright and early this morning.  We made it just past Atlanta last night so we have about 9 more hours before we get to Fort Lauderdale.  The kids did AMAZING in the car yesterday so we were able to drive almost 13 hours! Everytime we stopped the 2 year old would ask "Big ship now?"  Cant wait to see what he thinks when he actually sees how big the ship is.  His last cruise he was only 7 months old so he was only along for the ride!  Besides our 2 year old we have a 12 year old son and a 14 year old son (well he turns 14 on Saturday! What a way to celebrate) we are also bringing along our 16 year old niece  who will turn 17 while on the ship.  

This will be the big boys 3rd cruise and my niece's 1st. She is also super excited to be cruising for the first time.

I am having flashbacks from your picture !!!  Us and 4 kids off to Florida from Ontario in the van. We have had the same style room several times in the past and I am confident in saying you will enjoy it !!!  Safe travels...

ITS CRUISE DAY!!!  Stayed at the Wyndham Garden in Dania Beach last night. Beautiful hotel only downside is they do not have any rooms that are connecting, but thankfully did put us right next to each other.  

Wish the sun was shining, but rain or shine it's the perfect day to go on a cruise!

46 minutes ago, shorti503 said:

ITS CRUISE DAY!!!  Stayed at the Wyndham Garden in Dania Beach last night. Beautiful hotel only downside is they do not have any rooms that are connecting, but thankfully did put us right next to each other.  

Wish the sun was shining, but rain or shine it's the perfect day to go on a cruise!

ANY day is a perfect day to go on a cruise!

Are you familiar with the Port Everglades webcam? It is on a balcony of one of the condos on the left as you leave the port. If you get up to the bow of the ship by the railing, we can watch you as you sail away.

31 minutes ago, clean1owner said:

ANY day is a perfect day to go on a cruise!

Are you familiar with the Port Everglades webcam? It is on a balcony of one of the condos on the left as you leave the port. If you get up to the bow of the ship by the railing, we can watch you as you sail away.

I didnt realize that, that's fun! Unfortunately we have early dining so we will more than likely be in the dining room during sail away. 

Shame that Mercedes is leaving today. However, Cian is the AD and he was great fun. We just debarked this morning and already miss the ship. I was somewhat surprised at how much I enjoyed it as our last cruise was on the Allure. Adventure is big enough and offers plenty of sea views. 

We will be on Adventure in March with our two sons ages 6 and 9.  I'd love to hear about any of the activities your kids do and if they use Adventure Ocean.  I'm curious too if you ever split up your dining with having kids with you them sending them to Adventure Ocean.  Thanks for the reports!  

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:02 AM, wilsonz6 said:

I am having flashbacks from your picture !!!  Us and 4 kids off to Florida from Ontario in the van. We have had the same style room several times in the past and I am confident in saying you will enjoy it !!!  Safe travels...

You are so right!!  This room is AMAZING!!

• Haha 1